Chapter 31: Candlelit Dinner

Jisoo's POV

"Bye Jisoo Unnieeeeee!" Lisa exclaimed as I hopped onto the backseat of the van

"Let's talk at the group chat!" I heard Rosé shout with a wink before the van door was closed

"To the villa." I muttered enough for the driver to hear, he nodded and started the engine as I buckled my seatbelt.

Last night felt so nostalgic, it felt like ages since I got to talk and reminisce with the girls like that, knowing that Rosé is soon gonna leave the agency for good and pursue her dream as a singer, it made me feel proud. Lisa, our youngest, she finally had the courage to travel all around and do her passion.

Jennie on the other hand.... I feel like she is hiding something. She looked so tense beside me earlier when we were eating breakfast. I felt her anxiety, it's like.. she's afraid of me. I sighed deeply. I need to talk to her alone when we both have the time. It's bothering me to see her so.. bothered.

Finally arriving at Taehyung's villa. I stepped off the van and watched as it drove away. I walked towards the gate, typing in the password on the keypad. The mini gate at the side automatically opened as I went in and closed it. These past few months, Taehyung and I progressed from acting like awkward strangers to talking casually like friends. I admit my feelings for him are resurfacing but maybe it's not what I think it is. I'm not quite sure what I feel.

"Why did you ask to come back so quickly?" I asked Taehyung as I saw walked towards the couch and sat with him

"I received news from Ms. Seonmi, she told me that Hyumin showed signs of waking up." Taehyung said, staring down

"What? Really? Then we should go and check"

"No. " Taehyung cut me off before I could even continue "She specifically told me not to visit since the doctor prohibited it for now. They'll continue to monitor Hyumin and then Ms. Seonmi said she will just inform us when we could visit."

"Oh.. okay.." Gosh, Hyumin is practically my best friend. I really hope he wakes up soon, but then that would mean Taehyung and I would part ways again. I hope we still continue to talk after this.

"What are you thinking" Taehyung suddenly asked, finally glancing at me. His expression was complicated

"Um.. I'm thinking" should I tell him?  "..nothing."

"Jisoo." He looked at me sternly, knowing that I was hiding something

"Taehyung, I hope things won't go back to square one once Hyumin oppa wakes up. I hope we still stay.. as friends." I spoke, slowly observing his reaction.

These days, I've been suspicious.. Taehyung and I have been closer and he told me that he liked someone back then in college. I don't want to assume but could it be me?

"Jisoo.. Of course we will still stay in touch even after Hyumin wakes up. Actually, I have to apologize for my actions back then.. I'm thinking.. Can I invite you out tonight for dinner?" Taehyung asked, intently staring at me

Dinner? This..

"Of course it's nothing special. I feel like we would be parting ways soon so I should take the chance and invite you out as farewell, I guess." Taehyung said, as if he could read my thoughts

"Ah.. sure. It's been a while since we did something together" I answered, smiling to myself as I remembered college when we used to eat out weekly.