Liii. Steve And Billy Fight

The Gate : Part 3

Inside the Byers home everyone seemed to just be waiting, some found something to do to fill the void. Dustin and Steve carried the Demo-dog and placed it in the fridge as Dustin said it would be good for research or something along those line. Max and Lucas were cleaning up the broken glass that was on the floor from when Eleven through the Demo-dog through the window. David and Gabbie clearing up all the bits of broken furniture that the demo-dog had broken on impact, while Mike just paced from side to side of the lounge.

Gabbie picked up the last of the broken wood as her and David walked into the kitchen to throw it out back when she saw the giant mess of all the fridge parts and food on the floor.

"Dustin, really?" Gabbie sighed looking at the mess "That's like a waste of food, we kinda need that shit" Gabbie glared at the boy. He shook his head like she was in the wrong.

"No, this is important okay, when will we ever get a chance to research these bad boys" He says as he slapped the closed fridge "Promise me, it will be worth it" Gabbie just rolls her eyes and looks over to Steve, who had helped him.

"You think this will be worth it?" she questioned him on the spot, he stutter for a moment before running his hand through his hair then looked at the pile of food on the ground and spotting something he wanted.

"Yeah" he bent down and picked up the jar of peanut butter "I'll have some of this" He said with a satisfied smile, David jumped and walked over to him wanting some as well. Gabbie sighed once more as she walked out the back door and dumped all the broken bits of wood from the side table.

As Gabbie walked back into the house she saw that Lucas had enough of Mike's pacing, he almost reminded him of last year when they were all stuck in the bus in the junkyard, waiting to either be rescued or killed.

"Mike, would you just stop already?" 

"You weren't in there. Okay, Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs" he tries to make a point but from the kitchen Dustin corrects the boy, yelling 'demo-dogs' at him, which just makes Mike side eye him.

"It was pretty intense Lucas" Gabbie said softly as she entered the room, Mike nodded his head to it, agreeing with her.

"The chief will take care of her" Lucas claims 

"Like she needs protection" Max speaks up, and Lucas agrees with her.

"Yeah i'm sure Eleven will kick ass" David said licking the last of the peanut butter from his spoon.

"I know she's strong and I believe in her trust me, I'm just thinking it might be too much" Gabbie sighs as she thumps onto the chair, laying her head back staring at the ceiling. Everything that was going on just didn't feel right, she wanted to be there with the girl but she knew that her place with here.

"Listen, dude" Steve started as he walked into the room with a tea towel in his hand "if a coach calls a play in the game. Bottom line. You execute it. alright?" he speaks in his sport  metaphor  which no one in the room really understands.

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game" Mike fires back at the teen "And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench" 

"Oh, he got you there" David said with a smile as he walked across the room waving his spoon around. Steve sighs at him.

"R-right, so my point is..." Steve struggles to find the words as everyone waits for him to finish what he was saying "right, yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do" Steve agrees as he throw the tea towel onto his shoulder.