viii. Standing Up

Holly Jolly : Part 2

"Alright we just tell our parents we have AV club after school, That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood" Mike says

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas question as I look over to the girl on the couch eating a Eggo.

"I believe she can" I say to him, he nods his head.

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike questions him

"Yeah" Lucas says as he reaches behind him "binoculars, from Nam, Army knife, also from Nam, Hammer Camouflage bandana and the wrist rocket" he places all the objects in the table.

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asks him.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket, and second of all the demogorgon's not real, it's made up" Lucas says

"It's not" I say quickly, he just rolls his eyes "it doesn't count if you saw it in a dream" Lucas says, then I roll my eyes, why is it so hard for him to believe me?

"But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye" Lucas says as he fires the wrist rocket with nothing in it, making us all jump. I just can't believe him, but at least we will have a weapon.

Mike just sighs and asks Dustin what he got.

"Well, Alright, so we got, nutty bars, Bazooka, pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, Banana and trail mix" I just chuckle to myself, this is such a dustin move.

"At least we won't starve" I say shrugging and he nods his head with a smile

"Seriously" Lucas questions, I just roll my eyes at him, we can't even lighten the mood

"We need energy for our travels, for stamina"

"I agree with Dustin on that one" I say as I put my hand on his shoulder

"Thanks Gabs, and besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her" Dustin motions to Eleven, who is now playing the the walkie talkie.

"She shut one door!" Lucas counters

"With her mind idiot!" I yell at Lucas "how is it so hard to see that, she used her mind to do something" I say to him

"Are you kidding me, that's insane" Dustin adds "imagine all the other cool stuff she could do, like" Dustin stops talking and walks off to get the Mellennium falcon  "I bet, that she could make this fly"

He stands in front of a distracted eleven "Hey, Hey" he says to her, she stops playing and looks at him

"Okay, concentrate okay?" He says as he drops it hoping for her to make it fly, but it just falls to the ground. I smirk at this as eleven just stares at him.

"Okay, one more time" he picks it up again while eleven is just sitting there "Okay" he says while Lucas just sighs behind me "use your powers, Okay?" He says as he drops t again and falls to the floor again

"Idiot" Lucas says and mike sighs while I giggle.

"She's not a dog!" Mike says as he picks up the toy

"Kids! Time for school" Mrs Wheeler yells from upstairs, it's time to go. Everyone rushes around grabbing their bags. Dustin and Lucas run upstairs while I wait for mike at the stairs. Mike kneels next to eleven and starts talking to her.

"Just stay down here, don't make any noise and don't leave, if you get hungry eat Dustin's snack, Okay?"

"Michael, Gabbie!" Mrs Wheeler yells as we both yell back saying coming.