xxi. The Chase

The Bathtub : Part 1

After sitting in silence for a few moments we decide to get up and try and catch up to Dustin and Eleven. We walk slowly as I am still shaking a little from what had just happened but I'm happy that Mike is with me. I don't think I would be this stable without him right now.

We finally get to the bikes and we see Dustin on his bike with Eleven on the back. Mike picks up his bike and I hop on the back of it and wrap my arms around him. The boys start to ride off as we all stay silent just thinking over what had just happened. Everything feels like it's coming to end in a somewhat fashion. I feel that the most intense part has happened and we are getting Will back really soon.

After the short ride back to MIke's house we go around the back and I notice in the corner of my eye I see a van. It seems normal, but I just have a feeling about it. The boys park the bikes behind the house as Mike helps me off the bike and Dustin helps Eleven. Mike opens his basement door and we all walk in. I straight away go and lay on the couch just feeling exhausted from the events that just unfolded.

Mike takes Eleven into the bathroom to clean her up as he leaves Dustin and I in the main room. I just stare at the ceiling just replaying falling off the cliff, I know that I'll never forget it. It's going to haunt me, but I need to try and push it back for now. We are so close to getting back Will and that's what matters.

"Gabs, you feeling alright?" Dustin asks me, I turn my head towards him, he's sitting on the chair at the D&D table looking at me. I sigh a little, I would guess it all has been hard on us. He had a knife to him, he was threatened with a knife. That would really scar someone.

"Are you alright, did Troy hurt you?" I question him really concerned about him. He has a half smile and shakes his head, I look at him confused "Why are you smiling?"

"Because, you jumped off a cliff for Mike and I and you ask ME how I'm feeling" He says with a chuckle, that does make me smile a little. That is true.

"Look as you said before, We are all best friends and I will do anything for you, Lucas, Mike, Will and even Eleven, I guess she is really apart of the party now eh?" I say to him.

"Yeah, she is, I just want Lucas to expect her, I know he doesn't trust her, I wonder what it would take" Dustin ponders out loud as he looks to the ground thinking. I stare back at the ceiling as it seemed we have stoped talking. As I stare at the ceiling I hear little whispers, I turn towards Dustin as he looks around the room, he hears it as well.

I swing my legs to make it so I'm sitting up as I look around the room fro the voice that was coming from somewhere when I turn towards the walkie talkie. I quickly stand up and run over to the walkie talkie and pull up the cord and listen to it. Dustin stands up and walks over to me. All I could hear was static was little bits of what it seemed as Lucas coming through.

"Can you make out anything?" Dustin questions me as I put the walkie talkie to my ear again to try and listen to what he is saying. But nothing. I shake my head.

"Go tell Mike and Eleven, maybe El can help" I say to Dustin as he nods and runs over to the bathroom door as I try and listen to the walkie talkie again. nothing. But it seems Lucas is sounding better so he must be getting closer to us. What is happening?

Mike, Eleven and Dustin walk back to me as Dustin speaks his thoughts.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin says.

"Yeah" Mike says a bit unsure.

"What if he found it?" Dustin questions as he points to the walkie talkie in my hand. We all listen into it, We still couldn't really understand him that well. Mike takes the Walkie talkie from me and puts it near his face but he still can't make it out.