vi. The Girl with Superpowers

The Weirdo on Maple Street : Part 3

I finish packing my small bag which consists of a few shirt, a few pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shoes, my pjs and I few comics.

I zip up my bag and put it on my back. I walk towards the door and I look back on Will and I's room. I'm going to find him.

I walk out into the hallway and down to the kitchen. Mum wasn't there but Jonathan was.

"Where's Mum?"

"She went into town to buy a new phone, I'm taking you to Karen's" he says with a half smile. I just nod as we both walk outside to his car.

We both get in the front seat and I chuck my bag in the back. He starts the cat and we drive off. It's takes around 5 minutes to drive to Mikes house so Jonathan puts on the radio to fill the awkward void.

As soon as he turns it on, I sound I know all to well starts to play. It's our song, it's Jonathan, Will and I's song. Should I stay or should I go.

Will and I always sing that song. Jonathan got us to listen to the clash one day while Mum and Lonnie were fighting. I remember hearing the yells in the background as we sat on Jonathan's bed with the volume up really loud, it was the first time I really fell in love with music.

Without paying attention the song finishes and we arrive at Mike's house, just as she pulls into the driveway.

Jonathan stops the car and we both get out to greet Karen and Holly.

Karen turns her head towards us and smiles with sorrow in her eyes.

"Heys Guys, I'm really sorry what's happened, i'm sure we will find him soon" she says as she holds a very confused Holly.

"Thanks Mrs Wheeler, um... did my mum call you before?" Jonathan questions as I hold my bag in one hand.

"Uh Yeah, I'm happy to have Gabbie as long as it takes" she says with a smile.

"Thank you Mrs Wheeler, I'll come by tomorrow to check on her" Jonathan says as he puts his hand in my shoulder.

"Okay, Gabbie come inside when you're ready" Mrs Wheeler says as she opens the door and goes inside.

"I'll see you later Gabs" Jonathan says as he kneels down on one knee to be at my level.

"Yeah, see you later" I shrug, I mean I'm not that thrilled to be here when I can be home helping mum or helping Jonathan. But I'm just going to thrown around so I don't know that my twin may or may not be dead.

"Hey, at least you're with Mike" Jonathan says as he wiggles his eyebrows and i slap his arm. Jonathan always makes jokes about me having a crush on Mike. I mean, I do have a crush on him but I'm not admitting that to anyone.

He chuckles and hugs me.

"Love you Gabs"

"Love you too" I say as he lets go of the hug, he ruffles my hair as he gets in the car and drives off. I just stand there watching him drive down the street before I walk inside the house.

As I walk in I see Mike and his mum talking on the couch. They both turn their attention to me.

"We will continue this chat later Micheal" Mrs Wheeler say, Mike nods as he stands up and walks over to me, he smiles at me when we all hear a bump come from upstairs.

"What was that?" I asked looking up the stairs.

"Is someone else here?" Mrs Wheeler asks.

"No" Mike says quickly as he grabs my hand and drags me upstairs.