ii. Freakshow

The Vanishing of Will Byers : Part 2

Mike and Gabbie walked back into the boys house and saw his mom standing the kitchen.

"You two should really get going to bed, you both have school tomorrow" Mrs Wheeler says to them.

"Okay night Mum" Mike says as he walks off to the stairs.

"Night Mrs Wheeler" Gabbie sweetly says as she follows Mike.

"Night kids" she calls to them as she puts her finishing touches on a cake she was making.

"Tonight was such a good game, I can't believe it went for 10 hours" Gabbie mentions to Mike and he smiles.

"It took me around 2 weeks to plan"

"Wow" they get to Mikes room. He goes over to his bed while Gabbie goes to the top bunk. Gabbie laid down and covered her face as Mike gets changed into his pjs. It was a system. Gabbie would cover her face first while he gets changed then he will cover his face and Gabbie would change. It always works. It was the trust one another that held everything together.

Once Gabbie finished changing getting they both laid in their own beds.

"Hey Mike" Gabbie spoke up from above him.

"Yeah?"

"I-Uh- had fun today" she said, Gabbie was going to say something else but she knew she shouldn't, it wasn't the time for that.

"Me too"

"Night Mike"

"Nigh Gabbie"

That night she laid there in the dark, she had this feeling inside her that something was wrong. Something involving Will.

In the morning Mike, Nancy, Holly, Mr Wheeler and Gabbie were sitting at the table eating.

Mike poured maple syrup into his eggs then passed it to Gabbie. He had gotten her into doing it, and to be honest, Gabbie didn't mind the taste.

Gabbie poured it over her eggs and then set it down next to her plate. The phone started to ring and Mrs Wheeler got it.

"You two are gross" Nancy said looking at both kids. Gabbie chuckle a little bit while Mike grabbed the maple syrup bottle and poured it all over Nancy's eggs.

"What the hell Mike?" She yelled, and Mike and Gabbie started to laugh.

Mrs Wheeler hang up the phone sat back down to feed Holly.

"Hey Gabbie, Will left last night with the boys?" She asks the girl who was enjoying her breakfast.

"Yeah he did, why?" Gabbie shifted in her seat.

"Oh your mom was asking if he was here, but she said he's probably at school" she said with a shrug and turned attention to Holly.

Gabbie felt this unsettledness inside her. Deep down she feel like that is not the case. Last night she just felt weird feeling inside her, and it didn't stop, she still felt it. Something had to be wrong, but she didn't want to bring it up to Mike.

Gabbie felt a hand touch her shoulder.

"Hey, are you Alright?" she turns and sees Mike looking a concerned face. Gabbie just give him a smile and continued to eat.

After they finished eating they got their bags and they ride off to school.

Once they arrive with Dustin and Lucas they all see that Wills bike wasn't here.

"That's weird, I don't see him" Mike says as he looks around at Hawkins Middle.

"I'm telling you your mom is right" he turned to Gabbie "he probably just got to class early again" Lucas adds. Gabbie just shrugged, Will does go to class early sometimes, but they should of seen his bike.