xxx. Girls Don't Play Videogames

MADMAX : Part 4

After class Gabbie grabbed her bag and walked out the class, dodging the party as she ran down the hallways, a teacher told her off but she just kept running. She wanted to get away from school as fast as possible, even though it was only lunch she wanted out. She got to her locker as other classes piled out of their classrooms, she threw her bag in her locker as she grabbed her skateboard. She slammed her locker as she saw David and Max walking down the hallway with their own boards. Gabbie nodded to the left signalling them to follow her. They walked down the hallway out to the back of the school, there was stairs, a ramp and a rail. Everything or skating.

"Well here we are" Gabbie said looking at the courtyard "It isn't much, but it's the best I've found" She finished as she placed her board down and started skating around. The other two followed her lead as they joined her. Gabbie made sure to lead them on with friendship, she wanted none of that. She doesn't want anything, she just wants to skate. But at the same time she does want friends, she hates being by herself but she feels it's the only thing that keeps her strong. She feels if she lets people in, into her feelings she will break down. Nothing has gone right for her. She found out that she had superpowers, not good ones at that and her one and only love broke her heart. She wanted to love, but she couldn't, she wants to never feel that pain again.

While the three of them skated around, the party was looking at them from behind a wire fence debating whether or not, that the Max they saw in front of them was the actual Mad Max.

"There's no way that's Mad Max" Mike states.

"Yeah. Girls don't play video games" Will in disagreement

"Doesn't Gabbie play video games?" Lucas questions him

"No, Only if she is really forced to" Will shrugs as he looks back at his sister and the other two.

"Even if girls did, you can't get 750,000 points on Dig Dug. It's impossible" Mike exclaims.

"But her name is Max" Lucas tries to reason

"So what?"

"So, how many Maxes do you know?" Lucas questions him. Mike was starting to feel anger again, that wasn't hard for Mike he seemed to have a short fuse, he seemed to never keep his calm.

"I don't know" He says to Lucas

"Zero. That's how many" Lucas says as a matter of fact as Mike just rolls his eyes at the other party member.

"She shows up at school the day after someone with her same name breaks our top score. I mean, you kidding me?" Dustin says not breaking eye contact with the skating girl.

"Exactly. So she's gotta be Mad Max, she's gotta be" Lucas agrees with Dustin

"Plus she skateboards, so she's pretty awesome, so is that dude" Dustin says as the whole party watches the kids skate around. The sentence lingers in the air as they all turn there attention to their lost party member. They all missed Gabbie dearly, but they didn't want to say anything to Mike, as that's the one conversation to surely set him off, so Dustin just left it at that. Even though he wished that Gabbie was just back with them again, she was one of his best friends that he's lost to everything that went down.

"Awesome? You haven't spoken a word to them" Mike almost yells at Dustin.

As the party was talking Max flipped up her board and walked over to David and Gabbie who were sitting on a stair.

"Those creepy guys are watching us" Max says to them as gives the party a look, but they were occupied with arguing with each other.

Gabbie just sighs "That's just my brother and his party" Gabbie said as she stands up "I'll them to fuck off if you want?" Gabbie lifts her eyebrows at the girl. Max just nods.

"Oh, I want to watch this" David chuckles as he positions himself to watch as Gabbie walks over to them.

"I don't have to. I mean look at her" Dustin says as he points to where Max was but now was replaced with a angered Gabbie walking up to them "Shit, Gabbie is pissed"

Gabbie walked up to the fence and leaned on it "You boys gotta stop looking at Max, you are being creepy as fuck" She says in annoyed tone.

"Why do you care Byers?!" Mike agrees with her, Gabbie stares at her once crush starting to feel the rage boil inside of her.

"It's none of your fucking business Wheeler" Gabbie yells back at Mike.

"Gabbie, calm down" Will tries to reason with his sister, Gabbie turns to Will.

"Just stay out of this Will, and all of you, just being creeps-" Gabbie says to them but is cut off by the principal.

"William and Gabbie Byers" He says from behind the party making them jump and turn around as Gabbie stares up at him, she knows what's about to happen and she wasn't happy at all, she hated this time of the month.

"Your mother's here" He says as he puts out his hand, Will sighs as he says a quick goodbye to his friends as he walks to the principal. Gabbie sighs as she walks back over to her board and picks it up walking away from David and Max.

"Wait where are you going?" David questions her as he stands up.

"Somewhere" She yells back as she jogs over to Will and the principal as they walk into the school. Both Byers collect their bags from their lockers and walk down the hallway with the principal. The students all turn to them wondering what happened to them, why they were leaving the school with the principal? Gabbie and Will kept their heads down not wanting to be judged. Will put his hands in his pockets slowly stabbing his thumbnail into one of his fingers, making sure it was enough pain for Gabbie to feel it, which she did. She looked down at her hand them straight to Will, this was a sign that he wasn't okay, in these times she felt like her old self, how she just wanted to be there for Will. She sighs again she they walk out the school to see their mom leaning against her car, smoking, before waving at her children. Will does a little wave back as Gabbie looks to the left and see's the party staring right at them.

"You guys think they're okay?" Dustin questions

"they're always weird when they have to go in" Lucas says as he continues to watch the Byers twins walk up to their mother.

"I don't know. Will seemed quiet today" Mike says with a slight frown. The whole party was feeling uneasy. They didn't want to see Will or Gabbie have to go through the tests and trails.

"He's always quiet" Lucas states as Will and Gabbie throw their bags in the back as Gabbie gets in the front seat and Will gets in the back. Joyce gets in the car and drives off.

The new trailer was so amazing, I have got inspiration again. yay.

anyway, I actually started writing a bit of the car sense at the end but realised I should probably save it for the next chapter. so it should be coming out soon. hopefully.

anyway thanks for sticking around with this story, I know I've uploaded like twice this year but hopefully with now hype for the show back my inspiration will come back too. So enjoy what's to come.