xiv. True Sight

The Flea and the Acrobat : Part 1

Everyone sat down in Mike's Basement, eleven laid down on the couch, I'm guessing she is still pretty week. On the way back to Mike's house she could barely hold onto Dustin. But she is seeming to look a little better.

"What was Will saying" Mike questions all of us "Like home, like home... But Dark?"

"And empty" Lucas adds on. We all sit there trying to figure out what is happening.

"Empty and cold. Wait did he say cold?" Dustin questions.

"I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out" Lucas saying sighing.

"It's like riddles in the dark" Dustin says while putting his Hands in his head. I knew what Will was talking about.

"Guys" I say to get their attention, they all turn to me as I Simon the couch at the end of Eleven's feet "I think I know what he's talking about, I think I know where Will is" I say to to them. They all just stare at me waiting for me to continue.

"The Night Will's fake body was found I went to castle Byers and I went to sleep and when I woke up I was in this dark place" I say shivering just thinking about it.

"Wait was this the same place as Will?" Lucas questions me, I nod my head.

"The place was almost filled with sort of white ash, it made the air hard to breathe, and there were black vines everywhere, on the ground, on the trees. Everything there seemed to be sticky" That last comment Lucas turn away in disgust.

"But Will was there, he was alive, I hugged him" I say as I trail off remembering it and reminding myself how much I miss him "But I don't know where it was, The place I woke looked like Castle Byers but it wasn't, and the night Will went missing I woke again in that place but it was in my house, the house looked the same but again it was same as the other time" I say just trying to piece everything together.

"This is too much" Dustin says as he takes off his hat and fans himself with it. It's a lot to take in. We are only kids and we have to deal with all this stuff. Why us? Why Will?

"The upside down" El whispered for the first time this evening. Everyone turns to the girl laying on the couch very confused.

"What'd she say?" Lucas asks

"Upside Down" Mike says again that's when it clicked not for him but for me too. It all made sense. Mike and I look at each other as we understand what is going through our minds.

"What?" Lucas questions again still not knowing what is happening.

"Upside Down" I say to him. Mike walks over to the small table in the middle of the basement where the D&D board was. Mike sat in the chair and I sat next to him as he started to explain.

"When El showed us where Will was, she flipped he board over, remember?" Mike says as Dustin and Lucas join as at the table as Mike demonstrates him flipping over the board.

"Upside Down" Mike says

"Dark. Empty" I add on.

"Do yo understand what they're talking about? I swear Gabbie and him have a physic connection" Lucas says to Dustin

"I don't know what they're talking about" Dustin says back.

"Guys, come on, think about it" Mike try and coaches them onto the right idea.

"When El took us to find Will, she took us to his house, right?" Mike questioned them.

"Yeah. And he wasn't there." Lucas says, I sigh at him.