xv. The Flea and the Acrobat

The Flea and the Acrobat : Part 2

The morning came around. I fell asleep last night next to Jonathan. After Lonnie left us we soon laid on the bed and fell asleep. Lucky I didn't have any moments of true sight last night. That is something I didn't need at this moment.

But today is the day. The day of Will's Funeral. 

Jonathan got up to get changed, I left the room so he could. I stood in the hallway as I heard Lonnie doing stuff in the kitchen. I don't even want to go near him. I turn the other way and walk towards my room. I haven't been in there in ages. But I know Will is alive, so it's a different feeling. We are going to bring him home.

I open the door slightly to revel mom sitting on my bed staring at the ground.

"Hey mom" I say softly to her, I didn't want to break her any more. But I should tell her something.

She looks up at me, she looks dazed, it looks like she hasn't had any sleep at all in the last few days. I look at the room as well, there are lamps surrounding Will and my's bed. What is with the lights? But I won't ask her, not yet.

"Hey sweetie" She says to me as she smiles a little at me.

"Mom, are you okay?" I ask her as I sit next to her on my bed. She sniffs a little as she leans her head on my shoulder.

"I'll be fine Gabs, I picked out your dress, it's right here" She says quietly and she runs her hand over my dress which is laying on the bed beside her.

"Okay" I all I say to her as I sit up, grab my dress and get changed into it. As I'm getting changed mom doesn't move once, she's just sitting there with her eyes closed. I feel so bad for her. I get my dress on but I need her to zip me up. 

"Can you zip me up?" I question her, she slowly opens her eyes and nods her head. I walk over to her and bend down a little as she does me up.

"You know, for what it's worth mom, I believe you" I say as I stand up and face her. She looks at me and slowly grabs my hand and holds it. She smiles at me.

"Thank you Gabbie, I love you" She says to me, I sit next to her again not letting go if her hand and lay my head on her shoulder.

"I love you too" I say to her as we sit in silence. I'm going to bring Will home. For her.

"Come on, time to go" I hear in front of us, I look up and see Lonnie in his suit. I stare at him as mom groans as if she doesn't want to go, I didn't either.

"Come on" He says as he puts out his hand for her to grab, she sighs and takes it. He helps her off the bed and they begin to walk out. I get up and follow after them. This is going to be a long day.

"Fear not, for I am with you, Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" The Pastor says as he stands over Will's grave. Mom, Lonnie, Jonathan and I are seated right in front of it. It feel uncomfortable knowing that he isn't dead. Jonathan holds my hand but it's not enough. I turn my head around and see Mike, Lucas and Dustin all standing in a row talking to each other. I wish I was with them, they comfort me. Even though Will is not dead, it will help. 

Mrs Wheeler soon tells them to be quite as Mike makes eye contact with me. He gives me a slight smile. I half smile back. I want to be holding his hand. I want to be hugging him.

Soon the Pastor finishes talking and we throw roses onto his casket. Everyone else throws one in and they all stand around and talk. Mom just stands there while Lonnie talks to everyone. I see Jonathan walk off with Nancy which is a bit weird.