17 Curiosity

Beginne am Anfang

"Then do whatever the hell you want" I turned my face away from her.

"Ahaa. I was beginning to think the spell really messed with your head" she smiled again.

"She's right Arabella" Xander intervened "the spell did take a toll on you. You need rest"

"I'm not going to be able to rest till I get get answers Xander" she too a step towards him. " However I could use a lift"

He nodded.

"I'll make arrangements. You go get ready"

She gave us all a nod and turned to walk away towards the hallway, disappearing into the shadows.

"You helped her during the massacre?" I looked at Xander.

"The Mjesec pack and Crassus coven have shared diplomatic relations, for centuries. It was only right to help them when they needed it the most." he glanced at me.

"She's a Crassus" i muttered.

"Yup. Noelle Crassus's daughter. The last of the bloodline" he leaned back.

"Noelle Crassus died over a century back" Axel turned to him.

"Well witches have way too many ways of keeping themselves alive" Xander smirked at him.

"This just keeps getting messier and messier" Axel breathed out.

"Have y'all spoken to y'alls brothers? Have they found out anything?" He gave us a questioning look, yet hopeful.

"Yes they have." Axel's mouth curved into an ironic smile " but nothing of any damn use"

"Perfect" Xander muttered under his breath.

"Nathaniel should be on his way back" I looked at Xander "he's the only one I'm counting on right now"

"Hmm" Axel glanced at me.

"On his way back from where?" Xander furrowed his brows.

"Gervase. He was supposed to go to Huntley, but something came up so he had to go to Gervase" I nodded.

"Haven't seen him in a while. I haven't seen Ethan in a while either. I thought he'd be at the Palace the other night. " Xander kept his gaze on me.

"He was. He was probably caught up with some work " I shook my head.I could feel Axel's gaze on me.

"Hmm." Xander nodded.

I glanced at Axel and I could feel a sudden tension in the air. Axel's gaze was burning through me and I couldn't figure out why. Xander looked back at him and gave me a smirk. I didn't understand why so I just shook my head and looked away.

"I should probably get some sleep" i stood up, adjusting my dress.

"Yeah. I gotta get that ride for Ari" he stood up and grabbed his phone from the side, to walk out.

"We better get some rest" I turned to Axel who had was still sitting down.

His gaze still fixed on me, his brows were furrowed. His eyes were so focused, I felt as if he was looking right through me. Reading me.

"Hmm we should" he stood up and walked out.

The walk back to the Palace was a good ten minutes, I was hoping for a calm walk through the garden, but no. Axel had other plans. By the time I stepped out of the Palace door he was already gone. Vanished, without a trace.

*****

"Are you PMSing?" I slammed the door behind me.

"What?" he gave me a clueless look, like he didn't know what I was talking about.