Thrown together again

Start from the beginning

Jiraiya wrapped me into a bear hug and sat me down, "Be good shorty. Don't give Hatake too much hell."

I couldn't help but laugh, "I'll try my best not to old man."

He leaned down and kissed my forehead, "I'll be back before you know it."

I hit his arm and smiled, "Be safe out there."

He returned my smile and started walking out of the gates.
As the gates began to close he turned and smiled at me again and waved, "I love you shorty!"

I felt a tear roll down my face, "I love you too old man!" And just like that the gates closed.

I stood there for a minute; wiping my cheeks. I may love the old man; but I didn't want the man I was IN love with seeing me cry right now.

When I got myself together, I turned to see Kakashi just standing there with his nose in his book.

Seeing him liked that made me feel like nothing had changed. I wanted to run and throw my arms around his neck so badly.

I couldn't though.

I walked to stand by him, "You can sleep in the guest room. Let's go."

I didn't wait for a response; I just started walking.

He quickly matched my pace beside me, "So why do you need a babysitter again?"

My heart began to race; after everything with his dad.. I was scared to tell him. I didn't know how he'd react.

I cleared my throat, "Uh, I'm not sure honestly."

"Hmm."

"Hmm?"

"Sounds like you're lying; but I won't pry."

The rest of our walk was in silence; which I was incredibly thankful for.

"Kashi!"

I couldn't keep my eyes from rolling. She was the last person I wanted to see. But Kakashi stopped; so I unfortunately I had to as well.

She wrapped her arms around Kakashi, "What are you doing Kashi? I thought you had to see the hokage?"

She let go and didn't hide her obvious glare at me.

"I did; she needs me to watch over (y/n)," he exuded his usual nonchalant demeanor.

"Why does she need a babysitter?"

I couldn't stay silent; I hated when people talked like I wasn't right in front of them.

"His mission is none of your business. Now I'd like to go home. Let's go Kakashi."

"Home? You're staying with her?"

I spoke before he could say anything, "Unfortunately, and no you're not staying with him before you ask."

"Well I want to at least know why he's got to stay with you."

I stepped forward and glared into her eyes, "I said it's none of your business."

She continued like I didn't say anything, "Does she not trust you?"

I rolled my eyes, "Hurry with her. I'll be waiting at my home. You know where I live."

I started to walk away but I felt Hanare grab at my arm. I quickly snatched it from her grasp, "Don't touch me!"

I didn't realize that I had snatched my arm with so much force; that it stopped the sleeve of the shirt I was wearing.

"You and I aren't close enough for you to touch me like that," I was so angry that I was shaking.

"Well don't walk away when I'm trying to speak to you," she put her hands on her hips.

I closed the distance between us quickly and grabbed her by the collar of her outfit, "Don't think that just because you mean something to Kakashi; that I won't hesitate to kick your ass. You won't be pregnant forever Hanare."

"Kakashi! Get her away!," she whined.

He had stayed silent this whole time for some reason. I had almost forgot he was standing there honestly.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me in front of him. I expected him to yell or something; but he instead grabbed my arm and pulled my wrist into view.

Fuck.

I suddenly felt weak and puny under his gaze. He grabbed my other arm and pulled the sleeve down to inspect it as well.

I needed to leave. Now.

I snatched myself from his grasp.

We both stared at each other; not listening to a thing Hanare was saying.

He began to reach out to me again; but I couldn't stand the way he was looking at me anymore.

I used my kagune to launch myself into the air and started jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

I just wanted to go home.