Beneath the Ocean

Realistic Fiction – (English) [ September 7, 2020 ]

[ Pressure ]

She sank. In what looked looked like a body of water.

She hadn't had any time to gasp for air. Before she could even open her eyes, nor notice the atmosphere around, the cold was already touching her skin.

The light from the surface was all that she saw from where she faced, as it got dimmer and dimmer as she continued to sink. It was getting even colder, as the colder brushed to her skin which constantly gave her chills.

The thought of swimming to the surface was seemed to be washed away, as she can already feel herself getting dizzy.

Still, desperately, she paddled her arms and legs with full force, which couldn't even last for moments as she could feel the air slowly escaping her lungs.

Anxiety started to swallow her up, together with the darkness. She could also feel the cold swallowing up her body. It was beginning to become numb. Being cold as well.

Air continued to escaped from her mouth and nose from what she felt, until she started to choke.

Her heartbeat was beating fast, as if it was going to burst out of her chest.

Everything from her vision was starting to distort, from the absence of light and oxygen from her.

It was cold. It was freezing.

She sank. Underneath the water.

She took one last look of her surrounding. Weird. There was something off.

There definitely was something weird.

There's no water.

Why was my heartbeat too fast? It should be getting slow now from lacking air, she thought.

It was just the cold brushing her face, and the pressure she felt.

The large void was just a vacuum. She was just imagining things.

Calming herself, she closed her eyes and told herself, It's gonna be okay. It's alright. This is just another one of those attacks. It's gonna end.

What could happen? No, nonetheless, she still should try

to take a deep breath.

•••

"Hah-!"

It was quiet. It took a while for Ayame's ears to adjust again, so was her eyesight.

She found herself panting and catching her breath as she looked around, and found herself in a familiar room. The cyan curtains were flowing as the wind went in from the ajar window. A desk was overflowing with papers with what looked like sketches were drawn. 

Her eyes met a door, just a few footsteps away from the bed. Beyond the door, was complete silence.

Even in the room. It was surrounded by silence. The only thing heard was the loud ticking of a desk clock on her bedside table. It actually wasn't that loud, but because that it was the only thing heard in the room, she found it loud as her hearing started to adjust. 

Yet, it wasn't the only thing she was hearing. Ayame also heard immense ringing inside her ear, as she continued to pant.

As she started to recognize her surrounding, her panting slowed, and she got more calmer.

________________________________

Ang susunod na istorya ay tungkol sa isang babaeng nakarinig ng ihip ng tren.

The next tale will be about a middle-aged woman who heard the whistle of the train.