Sweet Nightingale

Peculiar – (English) [ September 25, 2019 ]

Running down the porch, Maya could barely contain her excitement that day.

The cold atmosphere has disappeared, and the place was filled with a calming ambiance and the smell of plants.

Trees were mint green again, flowers were starting to bloom, and butterflies were landing joyfully on them, one after another. Even the birds are happily chirping around.

She fled to the meadows with the breeze touching her face. The feeling of the grass touching her legs made her even more happy.

"Sing sweet Nightingale, sing sweet Nightingale, high!"

Maya laid down the field, with all the lemon-lime grass beside her. It was a very joyful sensation, but something feels a bit off.

The feeling was kinda recallable, but doing so made her uncomfortable.

"Oh sing sweet Nightingale, sing sweet Nightingale. Sing."

And by her surprise, birds started to fly towards her, as if the song called them.

One landed on her hand, chirping excitedly.

Maya started to sing again, but now, no words were coming out of her mouth.

She started panicking. She tried to yell for help, but there wasn't any voice to sing nor to speak.

The sky became dark, and the wind suddenly rushed violently.

Maya turned to the bird, she recognized as a nightingale, which was staring blankly at her.

After dead silence, the bird suddenly spoke in an uncanny, extremely familiar voice.

"Wake up."

Sing sweet Nightingale, sing sweet Nightingale...

...high.

. _ .

"Wake up!"

Maya opened her eyes. She looked around. She was back in her home.

"Come on. It's almost winter. We have to go."

"Alright." Maya told to the other bird.

"By the way, I've just had the weirdest dream."

__________________________________

Ang susunod na istorya ay tungkol sa isang batang nasa kakahuyan.

The next tale will be about a kid in the woods.