Chapter 4 - The Apology

UPDATE: Changed the ending a little bit. I noticed some of you didn't like how I characterized Mikoto. I'm gonna change that now.

XxX

"I'm telling you, the Naked Apron's sensuality is enhanced if the wearer wore nothing but panties underneath. It gives the impression of "sensual modesty", you cover just enough area to tease the audience!"

"And I'm telling you that is missing the point of the Naked Apron: why should they wear something underneath? They might be as well wear a dress! At times most of your tastes astound and disgust me Motoharu Tsuchimikado!"

"That's rich coming from someone like you Pierce Aogami! Keep your little fetishes to yourself, nobody wants to see them!"

"What's that supposed to mean!? You wanna go dude?!"

"Make a move Piercings!!!"

After those exchange of words 2 of the Idiot Trio fell to the ground, grappled, kicked, punched, and slapped.

"Why do I know these grievances in the first place," Touma sighed.

"These two again, seriously can't you two KNOCK IT OFF," Fukiyose enters the scene, and deals with the two herself. What happens next could've been considered as a massacre.

After the duo were reprimanded by the teacher, things were slightly peaceful in class.

Touma was listening to Komoe's lesson about genetic engineering, something he isn't very interested in. He fought hard the urge to sleep though, he didn't want a repeat of the Melon Bread Incident a month ago.

Thinking about it gave Touma the shivers.

Duck...

He dropped his head on the desk, just as the window beside him broke into a million pieces.

"What the hell was that?"

"Hey you, be careful where you throw the ball!!! You're going to hurt somebody!!!" Fukiyose shouted outside, to the baseball club. The club leader immediately shouted an apology.

"Hey Kamijou are you okay?" A male classmate asked Touma. Touma responded back with a "yeah I'm good". Class resumed afterwards.

"Fukou da," he quipped to himself.

XxX

2:30 in the afternoon

After that Touma was walking home until he suddenly heard a voice from behind him.

"Hey." The voice said. Touma turned around, to see a young middle school girl greeting him. "You noticed me. That's good," he hears her murmur.

Ignoring her murmuring, he says, "So Zapper, what brings you here today? Although it's weird that you hadn't shocked me today. I appreciate if you didn't, because I don't want to deal with-"

"Excuse me," she said to him, interrupting him. "Look, I feel guilty about what happened a week ago. If I didn't chase you all that time, you wouldn't be in that situation."

"What?" Touma asked her. He seemed confused for a while, until... "Oh, that. Oh don't worry about it. It's all in the past."

"But still... even if you avoided it in the end, what if... you weren't lucky that time? I... I.... I want to make it up to you!" Zapper bowed her head as she said those last lines. Touma only looked at her in silence.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'll make it up to you!!! I'll do anything, just... j-j-just t-tell me w-w-w-want me to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-do..." she managed to stutter out. She was a blushing, fidgeting, stuttering mess, the boy thought.

Touma sighed. "Look, what happened a week ago was my fault. No one else's. Sure you may have contributed to that-" Zapper's eyes downcast, "-but I wasn't aware of where I was running into. You could say you're not the only one at fault here."

Zapper looked at him in surprise. She then sighed. "Well whatever you say then. But at least let me do you a favor, just a little."

"...Fine. There has been something that's been bothering me for now. Something very important. My life depends on it," Touma said.

"W-What do you mean?" Touma looks at Zapper, his face somber and serious. Zapper gulped, tensing at his serious face. She braced herself.

Kamijou bowed his head, "I'm running out of extra money to buy food. I was hoping if I could lend some money from you!"

Zapper blinked. 'What.'

"It's been almost a week since I bought food. I lost my wallet days ago, and I got robbed recently when I just got my funds. At this rate I won't survive another week, so if you could lend some of your money, it would be... a.... pp....preciated- Zapper why are you looking at me like that?"

The aforementioned Zapper was looking at him with an unreadable expression on her face.

Kamijou tensed. 'She's not gonna zap me is she!? All I wanted was a lousy few hundred yen,' he thought as he rose his right hand.

To his surprise, she simply grabbed her wallet, and gave him a couple of a thousand yen. "Here. Take it. You don't need to owe me anything."

"Uh, what?"

"Look I feel bad for what happened to you. It's just... very unexpected. You could've just outright asked for it, no need to be dramatic." Mikoto said, red i  her face.

Kamijou blinked a couple times. Then a couple more.

"...Are you a nice girl?"

"What? What do you take me for, an angry stormcloud? I'm not gonna zap you around town, I have standards," Mikoto said it, but, 'I can't help but feel like that happened one time. I'm feeling a weird sense of dejà vú right no-'

Kamijou took the money. "Thank you, thank you so much O Merciful Goddess, I shall forever be grateful to your grace and ability to empathize with this unlucky, unworthy Kamijou's situation!" He exclaimed, continuously prostrating himself in front of her.

Kamijou's cries caused a commotion as a crowd gathered around them.

"What's going on?"

"No idea."

"Is this some roleplay?"

"Oooh they doing some kinky stuff you think?"

Those responses entered Mikoto's ears, causing her to blush in embarrassment.

"MOU! WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP IT YOU IDIOTTTTTT! YOU'RE MAKING A RUCKUUUUUS!!!"

A negated bolt later, Mikoto cutely pounded her fists at Kamijou's raised arms.

XxX

Leave a comment down below. Share this story, vote, show your support for this story. Constructive criticism is very much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,
Komigakuo.