Chapter 2 - The Morning After

Touma woke up on a sunny Saturday morning.

Spending three days in his room due to the fever he had was absolute hell. That was not any type of ordinary fever. The headaches, the weakening of his body, everything was complete hell. He couldn't even walk two steps away from his bed without his legs collapsing below him. His classmates would come in, helping him out. Cooking, buying food. Except bathing, he insisted he'd do that by himself.

But after that nightmare, Touma woke up without a care in the world. He felt like he could do a somersault in the air and land on his feet perfectly. 'That seems rather specific,' he thought to himself. 'Great, I'm getting hungry. Maybe I should check out the fridge, see if there's still some food.'

After an uneventful morning, he left his room to buy some food.

As he walked to the store, he noticed something odd about him. First of all, he seemed to be taller than before, and his body became rather toned. He also appeared to be stronger than usual, as when he emptied the entire tube of his toothpaste, or when he broke the doorknob of the front door. 'I hope it wasn't that monster of a mess Fukiyose called soup, I always there was something in there, when will she learn that health products and food do not mix-'

Ball...

He felt something impact the palm of his right hand. Looking over he saw that he caught a baseball while he was occupied in his thoughts. 'Okay, what?'

"Are you okay!? I'm so sorry!! Were you hurt?!" A voice called out to him nearby. He looked over, to see a young girl with long black hair, wearing a baseball helmet. By the tone of her voice, and the expression she was wearing, she must've been worried a pot.

"Oh yes, I'm ok, here," Touma said to the girl, giving her the ball.

"Oh thank goodness, I don't know what I would do if something bad were to happen."

"Don't you worry about that, miss. Well anyway, I should get going now," he said, running off.

"Hey wait!" She called out to him, only to see him already gone.

"Hey man, you got the ball? Come on, everyone waiting for you!" Someone called out.

"I'm coming!" The girl said back. She looked back for a second, before she went back to her friends.

XxX

Touma looked at his hand as he walked, wondering about the thing he did earlier.

'I caught the ball before it hit my face. It kinda hurts,' Touma thought to himself. 'Well with an ice pack, it'll pass.'

Then he stopped suddenly. 'Wait a minute, why is the voice in my head so loud?' He thought to himself.

As he stood at the bridge, he failed to notice the middle school girl shooting a bolt of lightning at him. He raised his right hand instinctively, negating the attack. Looking over, he saw his right hand outstretched at the girl who attacked him.

"..."

"..."

"...Hey wait a minute, did you just attempt to electrocute me!?"

"Well you blocked it didn't you?"

"That is not the point!!! The point is you don't just attack like that!!! One of these days you're going to kill me!"

"Jeez, don't be so melodramatic. Besides, nothing bad happened to you, what's the point of complaining?"

"Oh Jesus, you are such a pain..."

"What was that...?"

"Nothing, anyway I really should go Biribiri, catch ya later, bye!!!" And with that, he ran away from the girl.

The girl just stood there in shock, before she became angry. "You JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRK!!!! GET BACK HERE!!!!" She exclaimed as she chases after Touma, throwing bolts in the process.

"AHHHHHH!!!! PLEASE ALLOW THIS MISERABLY MISFORTUNATE MAN JUST A LITTLE BREAK BUGZAPPER!!!!"

"MY NAME IS MIKOTO MISAKA!!! GET BACK HERE AND FACE ME COWAAAAAAAAARRRRRRD!!"

"GODDAMNED ROTTEN LUUUUUUCK!!!!"

Touma, and the girl now introducing herself as Mikoto Misaka, ran around the city, as Misaka threw bolt after bolt at the unfortunate high school student.

As Touma attempts to escape Sparky McZappersen, he fails to notice that a car was drving towards him. It took a split second for Touma to glance at the incoming vehicle.

Touma froze like a deer in headlights as the car roared towards him.

"LOOK OUT!"

Mikoto's cry was muffled in his mind, as the car was about to hit him-

Touma jumps...

...over the car, in one leap.

Touma lands on the road without so much as a scratch. 'Wait what just happened, first thing I know that car was about to hit me, and then..."

He looked around to see the crowd, looking at the scene in bewilderment, and he glanced at Zapper, who looked at him with a mixture of shock and relief.

Touma ran away. As he turns on an alleyway he sat down along the wall.

"That just happened Kamijou, that just fucking happened,' Touma thought to himself.

Looking at the ground, thinking about what happened...

"What is happening to me?"

XxX

I hoped you enjoy this chapter! Please leave a comment down below. Constructive criticism is very much appreciated.