Chapter 32 - Night Robbery

The red man clung to the building, his fingers straining to hold his whole weight.

His Instinct had led him to a high-rise building, with the familiar name of 'SynCorp' at the top.
The very place where it all started.

In hindsight it should've been obvious, the clinging to walls and shooting webs and stuff. He didn't care about that. The burglar however, had caught his attention.

It definitely had nothing to do with the skin-tight suit clinging on their body, showing their bountiful curves to the world.
It was a simple thing; show up, stop a crime, and blow off. Simple as that.

Then it turned out this girl was also trouble.

It was only a week ago, but the fight he had against the purple ninja in the building still shook him up; never before had he fought against someone as strong as him, even if it looked like they used tech to fight him.

And with his moves, he definitely is incredibly deadly outside the Powered Suit (at least he hoped what he wore was, looked too streamlined to be one).

The cat burglar was almost the same thing; her attacks actually hurt him, for all her slender and lithe figure could manage. And she was good, good at fighting, not unlike Purple Ninja Asshole.

An amateur like him couldn't stand a chance against someone with fighting experience, powers or no. And his Instinct wasn't working as he expected to, somehow.

He yawned, feeling the late-night fatigue settle in. He didn't take a can of coffee earlier, as he didn't want to be too reliant on the bitter yet satisfying beverage. Caffeine addiction isn't something he wanted to deal with, so he went off without it.

"Maybe one can should've been enough," Kamijoi mused. He peered over the streets below, the countless barbs in his fingers sticking him to the building behind.

He was hoping for some action to cool off from the massive failure that was 13 minutes ago.

The Instinct blaring in his head meant his wish was granted.

Kamijou swung as fast as went, feeling the adrenaline rush from these sorts of incredibly dangerous stunts performed mid-air.

He experimented a bit, while waiting for anything to do at night, doing some somersaults while swinging. It was a work in progress; even with Instinct guiding his aim and swinging he almost missed the timing a couple times, which had him collide into walls, garbage bins, billboards, and so on.

Maybe with some practice he'll get the hang of it, so for now he somersaulted sparingly in his swinging.

He heard Instinct blare in head again, this time louder than before; he must be close.

He landed on a three-story building, near an X-intersection between 1st Street and 3rd Avenue.

He watched as three figures ran away from the, he just now realized, jewelry store, with duffel bags slung across their shoulders. They then stopped and went across the street before getting into an alleyway at the other side.

Kamijou leapt from the building he perched from and swung towards one of the buildings the three hid into. He looked for an edge to peer on, and after finding one quickly looked over, and saw the three burglars quickly running through the alley.

'This is almost too easy,' Kamijou thought. He saw some old superhero comics where the main hero would go and stop things like this, the occasional battles against supervillains and world-ending events aside.

Kamijou had a soft spot for those sorts of stories, the kind of story where the hero would go on and help their community out with burglars, gangsters and whatnot. He found himself not liking the recent formula of "escalation" where the threats the hero/es face increase as the story goes on a different direction/the hero gets stronger than is needed for the story.