Chapter 10 - Spinning an Identity

Gunha Sogiita. The Seventh Level 5. A 15 year old boy, who's power is rather unique amongst the Level 5's.

Specifically in how his powers worked.

Espers did not wave their hands and force out their powers instantly; to use their powers one has to study and learn basic physics and mathematics in order to manifest and control their abilities properly.

A pyrokinetic esper would learn physics involving heat, Electromasters eletricity, hydrokinetics with water, so on and so forth. However the Curiculum is very careful as to not turn espers into one-trick ponies; every single esper enrolled into the metropolis has to learn from the basics to the big boy subjects, and if one isn't careful they'll be blindsided by a class about Advanced Algebra and Calculus when not an hour ago basic geography was the main class.

As is said the strongest esper is incidentally the smartest; Accelerator, the 1st Ranked Level 5. His power, Vector Manipulation, allows him to control the vectors of every single object in existence.

And since everything has a vector, the whole world is his playground.

His power grants him an automatic defense against all forms of attacks; bullets, tank shells, lightning bolts, fireballs, any conceivable way humans can think of to hurt a fellow human the Accelerator can withstand thanks to this defense, and another unique property this defense grants Accelerator is the ability to reflect it at twice the damage or more.

There were several cases of broken arms, destroyed weapons, and mangled bodies, with each one even more gruesome than the first.

It was hypothesized, that he could perhaps survive a nuclear explosion at point-blank range; that is assuming he hasn't died from the lack of oxygen.

And his brilliant mind is almost as powerful as Tree Diagram, the world's most powerful supercomputer.

Accelerator was Academy City's answer to the US' nuclear bomb.

Gunha Sogiita, though was a rather strange case.

His ability (if one can call it that) had a wide variety of effects; superhuman physical condition (he could punch through concrete as if it was paper, he can move at 3 times the speed of sound, withstand massive explosions without lasting injury and heal almost instantly from every type of injury), aerokinesis (through punching the air), explosion generation (with each explosion differing in intensity and color, seemingly from his own will), shield generation, etc. And those aren't the only ones.

And every time he gives an explanation as to how he can do those things he gives scientifically inaccurate reasons or just chalk it up to his so-called "Guts".

He also believed himself to be a superhero of sorts.

"Yeah this guy is something," Kuroko said as she read the file on the Seventh Level 5.

Age, height, weight, birthday, likes, dislikes, his school, his whole profile was on display for the young girl to peruse.

And it gave her a headache.

Sitting at a bench in a park in District 7, during a very sunny day, did not do her mental state any favors.

She could've had left for a bottle of water or ice candy, but Konori had told her to, quote, "hold your position and wait for the suspect to arrive, or you're spending another week filing paperwork non-stop," unquote.

"Jeez it's so hot," she complained as she fanned herself. She would've been already in her dorm, with her beloved Onee-sama to massage her and whisper sweet words into her ears...

Kuroko had to slap herself to prevent having a "private session" with her fantasies, in public. She nearly got in trouble for doing so.

"Head in the game Kuroko-san, head in the game," she muttered. Grabbing the only bottle she had on her side she opened it and drank the water inside to cool herself up. She then closed the bottle, placed in to her side and continued her search for the Seventh, who was coincidentally walking around with the swag of an average superpowered teenager.