Chapter 14 - The Red Man

This is an epilogue, of sorts to the previous chapter. Hence it being much shorter.

Maybe I'll do another Q&A session around the next week.

Somewhere in District 7, a young girl stood next to a family restaurant waiting for someone. They wore a yellow cardigan, and underneath that was a red summer dress, and their head had a bed of artificial flowers. A blue backpack hung on their backs as they held their phone, texting somebody.

'Hey it's Uiharu, I'm already here in the diner. It's been a couple of minutes, what's taking so long Saten?' Uiharu was a bit annoyed about her classmate's tendency to take their sweet time preparing for their regular hangout times.

"UihaaaaRUUUUUU!!!" Uiharu felt her skirt uplifted. "Oh, flowery print panties, you're very prepared for this occasion." The culprit said.

"S-SATEN WHAT THE HECK!? THERE ARE PEOPLE PRESENT! M-MOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!" Uiharu, with tears in her eyes, waved her arms angrily.

"Sorry sorry, it's just that your reaction's far too good to be ignored. I can't help myself, hehehehe!"

"Honestly!"

In the diner...

"At this rate I won't be able to show my face in public."

"Hehehe sorry."

"You say thay but you're secretly planning for the next attack aren't you?"

"...Perhaps," Saten said as her eyes avoided Uiharu's. The flower girl flailed her arms towards Saten, cutely pounding her tiny fists into Saten's arms.

After a while Uiharu had calmed down, and just as she did a voice reached to them.
"Hey girls, sorry I'm late, I had to help out my class." Mikoto Misaka, a student of Tokiwadai, had appeared before them.
Normally other people would be nervous whenever such a celebrity would visit them.

"Oh Misaka, don't worry about it, we know how busy you can be with school."

"Don't sweat the small stuff Misaka."

But Uiharu and Saten were already well-acquainted with the elite girl.

She had sat down with them, and ordered a bunch of drinks and desserts for the two girls. Uiharu was delighted by her Triple-Choco Sunday Deluxe, and tearfully thanked Mikoto, while Saten raised her glass of lime soda as thanks. Mikoto had a glass of iced tea, and smiled at her friend's thanks.

"By the way Uiharu, Kuroko isn't here with you two. She busy lately?" Mikoto asked Uiharu.

"Yeah she is. She and Konori were investigating the mystery web from few days back when you guys found the bomber restrained by the alley."

"Oh right. You guys got any leads for the ability user?"

"I'm not supposed to talk about Judgement's cases to civilians Misaka-san, if you must know. They dismissed me so that I can take a short break from work." Uiharu told Misaka.

"Oh come on, I helped you guys out before right, like a few days ago when I and Kuroko got those delinquents who were selling that Level Upper stuff."

"And you fried the entire electric grid overnight, Misaka. Your point?"

"..."

"Haaah, as much as I like to talk to you both about what we found about this mystery guy, I'm not in the position to talk about it. I'm very tired." Uiharu said, taking a spoon of her sundae.

"Well, that just took the excitement outta you didn't it, Misaka-san?" Saten laughed. Mikoto only groaned, and blew a raspberry, which made Saten laugh and Uiharu smile.