Chapter 31|Frustration

Start from the beginning

Rhea is being held in a heavily guarded confinement. I doubt she'd be going anywhere anytime soon.

"Probably, but you never know," he states and I nod in agreement as I try not to loose my head thinking about it.

The atmosphere was tense, and the only way I could ease it up was to change the topic. "So... How's your love life?" I ask Tobi.

He looked shocked by my words, "I'm currently single," Tobi says. "Unless..." He gives me a suggestive look.

My face squeezes in disgust and I pinch his arm, earning a squeal from him. "Don't even think about it, princess."

He pouts and rubs the area I pinched. "That hurt! And I'm not a princess," he says.

I let out a loud laugh, "of course you aren't."

"What about you and Michael?" Tobi asks.

I shrug. Our relationship is very... Toxic. We're both so stubborn and we never agree. Also, he's way too jealous and it makes us fight alot.

I love him, I really do but ever since we got back together it's been nothing but sex and fighting. It's frustrating but I'm almost used to it.

"We're good," I reply.

Shawn suddenly walks into the room. He had his hands shoved in the pockets of his adidas tracksuit trousers.

Shawn causally walks past us and into another room. He gave me a smile but when he turned to Tobi he had some sort of a grimance on his face like he was trying hard not to wet himself. It's weird because I've never seen him like this.

"Hey Shawn," Tobi greets.

Shawn grins awkwardly and quickly turns away. I make out his red ears right before he's out the door.

Hmmm...

Tobi sighs, "I feel like the dude hates me or something," he tells me. "What did I do?"

"Shawn is just a shy person. He wasn't always like that though, but time and pain changed him," I tell Tobi with a sad expression on my face as I remembered Shawn's childhood.

"What happened to him?" Tobi asks curiously.

"It's not my story to tell. You should ask him, but I advice you get him comfortable around you first," I say with a tired yawn.

Tobi nods silently, his eyes occasionally glancing at where Shawn had left.

"Something wrong?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

He quickly shakes his head and a smirk slowly finds itself back on his lips, instantly bringing back the Tobi we're all used to.

"If you're ever bored of Michael you can always come to me," he says with a wink.

I roll my eyes and pinch him again, receiving another girly scream from him. "Shut up."

"Make me, sexy mama."

I cringed and pinch him again but harder. He squirms, "alright! Fine! Fine! I'll stop!"

"Pervert," I mumble.

Seconds later the front door bursts open and I quickly turn my head towards the door.

Caleb, Emilia, Blake and Clara walked in. Blake and Caleb held Clara in a firm hold like she were some sort of criminal. They all had angry expressions on their faces while Clara was in tears.

Tobi and I stood up from our seats and approached them, seconds later a furious looking Asher stormed in after them.

"What's going on?" I ask on behalf of Tobi and I.

"Linda was murdered," Emilia states as she stared straight at Clara "she killed Linda."

My mouth dropped, "Clara," I called, gaining her attention. "Did you do this?" I ask.

Clara looked like a crying mess but she also looked terrified. "I killed her, but I'm not the mole I promise!" She begs but no one listens as the guys take her down to the large basement for her punishment. Tobi and Emilia follow them down but I stay put.

Right before Asher leaves I grab his arm, stopping him.

"This doesn't feel right, are you sure she's the mole?" I ask him.

I always had a feeling it was Clara, but now it just feels so wrong.

"We caught her killing my mother red handed Jasmine. There's not much proof needed," he says, his expression, hard and cold as he walked away.

At that moment I realized just how much this whole thing is affecting Asher mentally.

He's not okay...not anymore.

---

Alot is going on... Poor Asher.

Next update soon!

If you enjoyed it please leave a vote!

Thank you so much!! Stay safe y'all 💛

Elizi❤️