Chapter 28|Scream

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" I ask when I noticed the boys looking very tense.

"Charlotte got kidnapped," Blake says.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head. "What? How?"

"She was delivering when she got ambushed. It happened a few days ago-"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I cut in.

"We didn't need too," Michael snaps. "Telling you wouldn't have changed anything."

"Have you heard from her?" I ask worriedly as I walked closer towards them. There were only three seats on the desk. Blake stood at the head seat while Shawn and Michael took the other two at the other side of the desk. Shawn politely gives me his seat and I smile gratefully.

Honestly, I never liked the Charlotte girl, but that was only when it came to Asher. If you put aside her incredibly annoying voice and weirdly overused slangs she actually made sense.

"We... Don't need to. Not anymore," Caleb says uncomfortably.

My face falls, "do you mean she..." I trail off hesitantly.

"Dead? Yeah, she's finally gone. That's one less pain in my life," Michael says nonchalantly.

Caleb and Shawn give him a sharp glare which he ignores incredibly well.

"She was actually very valuable to us, and a good friend. We kind of give a shit so shut the fuck up," Shawn snaps at Michael.

My eyebrows raise slightly at the unfamiliar aggressive behavior from Shawn but I say nothing.

Blake turns the laptop his desk towards me and unpauses the video on it.

"Someone sent us this," Blake says as the video plays.

At the start of the video a light hearted song played, it sounded like something you'd find out of a carnival. A switch seemed to be turned on and revealed a room with a naked Charlotte strapped onto a chair.

I could help but gasp. She looked terrible. She had bruises all over and her hair was beyond untamed. She visibly shivered, rattling the chains slightly. I refrained from looking at her private parts.

A man walked into the room, he wore black gloves, black jeans and a black fitted shirt for his obviously muscular body. I couldn't see his face because of the camera's angle but I could see Charlotte perfectly well.

He stopped infront of her and quickly but tightly grabbed her by the face while trailing another gloved finger down her neck.

The sight made me cringe and I was just about to ask them to turn it off once I heard her begging for her life, but stopped myself when I heard her cry his name.

Antonio.

"Antonio, please. I beg you, don't kill me."

I swallow uncomfortably as I watched the video on the screen, a tender part of my heart aching slightly.

The man who is supposedly Antonio grabs a sharp looking dagger and makes thin cuts on her cheeks, neck and chest, ignoring her cries in the process.

I manage to look away as he grabs another torture weapon I'm not familiar with.

Blake doesn't turn off the video even though I'm not looking, and I didn't bother asking him to.

It went on for a few minutes till I heard the deafening sound of six gun shots and it all goes silent. No cries, beggs or screams.

She dies.

I manage to look back at the screen and find the face of Antonio himself, walking to the camera with a large smirk on his face while he turns it off.

I swallowed hard. It sickened me. Believe me, this isn't the first time I'm seeing him torture someone, he used to do this back when my father was alive, but this time it's someone I knew and someone completely innocent.

I think.

"She's been there for four days now, we've been searching for her but just as we finally found her, minutes later we received this email and it became pointless." Blake explains.

"He's started killing people, if we don't do something he's going to keep getting us, one by one till he reaches Asher," Shawn reasons.

Nobody speaks but everyone knows it's the truth.

"At least now we know she's not the mole,"Caleb says in an attempt to lighten the mood.

I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Now we need that gala even more," Blake says as the turns off the laptop. "So we'll repay them for this."

AN.

I was supposed to post this earlier today but I've been very busy, but at least it's done.

The gala is coming soon 😍 also don't forget to vote.

Please stay safe everyone!💛

Elizi ❤️