Blue-Haired Friend

*Chris's POV*

        The blue hair was glowed bright under the fluorescent lights of my kitchen. What the fuck? Was all i could think at the moment. I didn't expect to see her standing in my apartment in her pajamas. And then it all hit me. Ricky or one of the guys must have invited her here for who knows what reason.

        "I'm sorry," She apologized quickly. "I couldn't sleep..." She looked scared, but then again, who wouldn't be scared of a tall man holding a knife at you? I couldn't be mad at her. Janice was the sweetest girl i knew and, after all, it wasn't her fault that she was here. I slowly placed the knife back down on the counter and my eyes softened. I didn't want to scare her, even though my heart was pounding a million times a second inside my skinny chest. Janice looked cute in her baggy pajamas that hung loosely to her body. She wore what looked like any other sweatpants and a T-shirt that read, 'i hate the sun'. Haha, that sounded like something Ricky would wear. 

        "Its okay, i couldn't either." I sighed and rested back against the cold counter top. I wasn't lying, i really couldn't sleep. I was actually glad she was here, she was the only person here that probably knew what it felt like to feel hopeless and horrible from the stories that she had told me at that party. Man, that party felt like a century ago. She yawned tiredly and lifted herself up onto the counter to sit down and talk with me since it was obvious that none of us were going to sleep any time soon. "Whats keeping you up?" I asked to fill the gap in the short conversation. She shrugged and looked down, her long blue hair falling aimlessly into her face. I love how now she wasn't afraid to show herself around me, both physically and mentally. Before, when i first met her at the party, she was so closed off and barely talked to me, not to mention that she hid her arms with her long sleeves. Now, she would talk to me like we've known each other for years, and she wore short sleeves not even minding that they show'd, not only her tattoos, but her scars as well. And they didn't bother me not one bit.

        "I barely sleep anymore... what about you, whats on your mind?" She looked at me, her eyes sparkling as they gazed upon my own dark eyes. 

        "Everything." I said truthfully. She just shook her head in understanding. See, i knew shed understand.

        "Yeah, Ricky and Ghost told me about that girl that you went to see in the hospital on Halloween." She said softly. I wasn't sure if it was because she didn't want to get me all hyped up again, or if she was jealous. Janice didn't seem like the jealous type though, well i didn't think so at least. "What happened with her?" She was a good listener so i figured i could tell her at least the short version of the story without her getting too bored.

        "She got hit by a car that night and then woke up a while later with some sort of short term memory loss." I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. "She remembered every one but me." I broke eye contact and played with the ends of my shirt to at least distract me from the conversation at hand. I didn't even tell her half of the story. I left out small details like the fact that i thought i was in love with Samantha, or the fact that she went back with Austin or how i felt so awful every time i think about her. But i couldn't tell her that. I didn't want her to view me as weak. I didn't want anyone to view me as weak. I was always a strong person that held the group together with persistence and i wouldn't let some stupid little thing like a girl change that perspective of me. She nodded slowly and hopped off the counter. Was she leaving? No she walked over to me and encircled her long, bare arms around my body. My muscles tensed at first from the unexpected contact but eventually i let it all sink in and hugged Janice back. This was the most comforted i felt in a while and i wasn't going to complain. She rested her head against my chest and I returned the favor by leaning my cheek against her teased, choppy blue hair and closing my eyes to take in her warmth.

        "Wow, well that was a quick change of sensibility." A voice startled the both of us but I didn't remove my arms from around her back, nor open my eyes. I could already tell who it was from its tone of voice. It sounded suspiciously curious. Ghost. Figures he wakes up when we're trying to be our quietest, but he wouldn't wake up if we blew a blow horn in his face. Just my luck, right?

        "Shut up." I said with a smile. No one could ever be mad at Ghost he was just too, whats the word?... Childish.

        "I should go back to sleep." Janice smiled respectfully then slipped away from my grip and hurried back into my living room. I wanted to call after her to tell her to stay, but that would probably be awkward and make her uncomfortable. So, i settled for glaring at Ghost. I was just starting to forget about Samantha and here he comes int erupting my healing process. He smiled nervously but still a hint of mischief gleamed in his eyes. I stood up taller and he turned his back on me to fetch something from the fridge. 

        "Way to go, bro." He encouraged with a small snigger. He wanted me to smack him up his two colored head, didn't he? "Here, eat something" He stated while tossing me a banana that i don't remember buying and putting in the refrigerator. I shook my head 'no' and threw it back to him. Ghost turned back to me and more forcefully shoved it at me, this time. "Eat." He wasn't going to take no for an answer. God, he was frustrating, but i guess he was just worried about me for who-knows-what reason. 

        "you eat it."  I peered daggers at him. If i wanted to eat, or was even hungry, don't you think id eat? I obviously wasn't hungry. Once again, i gave it back to him.

        "I haven't seen you eat in like three days... Eat it before i shove it down your throat." Jeez, he was violent. I hate how everyone is so worried about me lately. Why can't they just treat me like normal? He sighed when i still didn't take the damn banana from him. I backed out of the kitchen and when he didn't stop me, I turned around completely and made my way back to my bedroom where i could huddle underneath all the blankets i could find. I shuffled my way past my living room once again and almost burst out laughing with what i saw. There, on my comfy couch, laid Ricky and Ryan... cuddling. Shit, i knew Ricky was gay, but cuddling with Ryan? I think i might die of laughter. The funny part is... i don't think Ryan knew any of this was happening, but it will be a nice surprise in the morning. I snuck a quick picture on my phone and tiptoed my way back to my bedroom.