A big step.

Im really sorry i havent updated this one in a while, i really enjoy this story so ill try to update it more often or at least on a schedule so its not just random when i update... anyways, enjoy!

*chris's POV*

So, i ve been in therapy for a while now while staying unfortunately in the hospital. I called the guys back at my house to tell them that i hadnt gone missing and that i was, in fact, okay. When i told them my situation and that i was in the hospital, they werent too pleased, but they accepted it. They though i needed the help and eventually they respected the therapists choice in keeping me here at the hospital for my safety. They knew that i was unstable when it came to my mental health and until the doctor prescribed me medication, or authorized me to leave, that it was for the best. I couldnt be home and hurting the people i genuinely cared for.

I was finally okay with going to therapy. I wasnt happy about it, but i wasnt complacent and ignorant about it. Turns out, whether youll believe me or not, it wasnt so bad. I didnt really talk a lot, or when i didnt feel like telling Gerard my life story, id make up a bullshit story to twll him and hed just nod and urge me to continue explaining. But then i told him about Samantha. I contemplated telling him a fake story, but what was the point in that? I figured, if this was supposed to help me then i might as well take this time and use it to my advantage.

"Samantha, eh?" Gerard smiled and continued to doodle on his paper, unless he was actually writing stuff down. I doubted that he was writing though from the concentration he had on his pencil pressed down on the paper. He looked too focused on shading and the precise lines being drawn. But, sometime he would look up at me and give me his undoubted attention. "You like Samantha?"

"Pshh, yeah." A small smile appeared on my lips at the mention of her name. I wanted her so badly that i was unsure of myself. But she still didnt remember me, she said so herself. And im not sure she will ever remember me, thats the scary part. She has to have some sort of recollection of me or my name. I felt kind of bad though, for the part of time before she lost her memory i had given her nothing but ignorance. I practically ignored her existence and pretended like i didnt like her, but now that all of her memory was practically gone and i couldnt have her, i wanted her so desperately. Maybe it was all just a desception of my mind. What i didnt have i wanted, i was just out for the hunt. I wanted her because i couldnt have her. Maybe thats just it!

"But she lost her memory in an accident?" I nodded to respond to his question. "How do you feel about that?" I dreaded that question because i didnt know the answer to it no matter how hard i digged inside my brain for it, and thats what always sends me over the edge and into those horrible states that have been witnessed before.

"Well it doesn't feel good. Especially since she doesn't remember me." I managed to respond.

"Makes sense, I wouldn't like being forgotten either." I rolled me eyes and shifted uncomfortably in the chair I was sitting in. "So what? You're just going to ignore her the rest of your life? Sounds kind of stupid."He asked out of the blue. I really wasn't expecting him to ask something like that especially since he's a therapist.

"Well what am I supposed to do? I mean she forgot me and there's no way I can get her to remember anything so..." I didn't want to continue.

Gerard sat there in silence for a few moments. It looked like he was in deep thought and I didn't want to interrupt him, but quite frankly I was scared of what he was going to say next. "I think that ends this session for now, you can go back to your room now." He finally concluded.

That was odd. Usually our sessions last for about forty five minutes or an hour but this one lasted barely over a half an hour. Did I say something wrong? Oh no, are they going to like lock me up in solitary confinement for something I said? My body started to panic and I went as pale as a ghost, if that was possible since I was already super pale. I really didn't want to go to solitary confinement. I didn't belong there! Did I say something? What did I say? Fuck.

I hesitantly walked back to my room and sat down on the hospital bed, the door closed behind me so I could be alone with my thoughts as I carefully recalled my words. I didn't say anything bad, I said everything that I'd usually say. If anything, I said less that normal.

I jumped at every sound I heard in the hallway like it was going to be a fucking SWAT team coming to take me away. Maybe I was over reacting, but shit there was no way in hell I'm going to solitary confinement.

A loud, abrupt knocking shook the door. I practically leaped out of my clothes and fell of the hospital bed, landing on my ass with a thump. A nurse walked in and looked at me like I was crazy. But I guess that would be a normal reaction because I was on the floor with a mess of blankets and sheets tangled around me, along with a few other items that I knocked off of a table beside me. "Are you okay, sir?" The nurse asked in a concerned tone of voice as she went forward to help me get untangled from the blankets.

"In fine." I was still jumpy but a little more stable than before. "Why are you hear?" I stood up defensively and stood at the opposite side of the hospital bed as her, just in case she was going to take me away. But I'm pretty sure I could tackle her easily if she were to be the one taking me to solitary confinement.

"Doctor Way wants you." She asked innocently, unsure of why I was glaring daggers at her. Why did he want me again? I was just in there a half an hour ago, and he said my session was over. Reluctantly, I followed the female nurse back to Gerard's claustrophobic office. I stood I front of the office for a few moments contemplating a quick escape route if necessary, then built up the guts to go into the office.

The door handle felt cold against my already clammy hands as I pushed myself forcefully into the therapists office. I hadn't realized I had closed my eyes but I opened them to find my worst nightmare. In my usually chair sat a person that I dreaded seeing. And here is when my escape route came in handy. In the plush chair sat Samantha who looked confused and a little disturbed.

"Welcome back, Chris." Gerard smiled...