Chapter 61: Truths.

The news had been talking non-stop about the events of the night. The faces of Mysterio and the 'Night-Monkey' popped up every few seconds with the mention of their names. I sat on my bed, the tech from earlier lying in front of me. From what I could see it was only a missing part, a missing part that looked very similar to a projector. I went to touch it when the projection of an Elemental filled my room, the fright causing me to let out a shriek. I backed up against the wall as it disappeared. There was a knock at my door. Anxiously, I stood up from my place on the floor, making my way around the bed to answer the door, which was continuously being knocked on. I yanked open the door to reveal Peter standing there, a worrisome expression on his face.

"I heard you scream and I wasn't sure-"

I didn't let him finish as I grabbed his t-shirt and pulled him into the room, closing the door behind me. He stood there awkwardly as I made my way into the room.

"We have a problem-"

He sighed.

"Yeah, I know. I don't know how MJ figured out I was Spider-Man-"

My eyes shot over to meet his, nearly bulging out of their sockets.

"She knows?!"

Peter nodded in response as I flopped down onto my bed face first.

"Is there anything else I should know about?"

There was a momentary silence which caused me to look up at the boy. His expression telling me there was.

"Peter, what is it?"

He sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"I gave Beck EDITH."

"YOU WHAT?! Peter, WHY?!"

"Mr. Stark gave me the choice to give it to the 'next Tony Stark' and well Beck ticked all the boxes so I-"

"Peter, you're such an idiot."

He furrowed his brows at me.

"Look, I know you don't like Beck for whatever reason but Mr. Stark gave me the choice, Sof!"

"I'm well aware he gave them to you, Peter."

He took a step closer.

"Are you jealous? Is that what this is all about? That I chose Beck over you?"

I sat up on the bed.

"You've chosen a lot of people over me lately. So, no. I'm not jealous."

Without another word I stood up and walked over to him.

"Beck isn't who you think he is."

Peter rolled his eyes and was about to retaliate before I stopped him.

"Just watch."

I walked back over to where the projector sat, tapping it twice, hoping it would work. Seconds later a projection of Mysterio fighting an Elemental filled the room. Peter's eyes widened as he took a step back, surprised by this newly founded information. When the projection disappeared he looked at me with terror in his eyes. Satisfied, I raised a brow at him and folded my arms.

"Believe me now?"

He nodded his head vigorously.

"I've messed up so bad."

____________________________________

We went next door to MJ's hotel room, where Peter frantically closed the window curtains.

"I can't believe I gave Beck those glasses! I mean, how could I be that stupid? He's probably spying on me right now or sending a drone to come and kill me."

"You had access to killer drones?" MJ asked.

"Yeah, I didn't really want 'em, especially after I almost killed Brad."

"You almost killed Brad?!"

My eyes widened as the words kept spilling out of Peter's mouth.

"Look, Pete, you have to call Fury and tell him that Beck's a fraud." I stated.

"I think he tapped my phone."

"Okay, so what are you gonna do?" MJ asked.

"Well, I need my suit and I have to go to Berlin and talk to Mr. Fury in person."

Peter took his shirt off in front of us, but then stops to stare at us, clearly embarrassed. After a few awkward seconds, MJ got the message and turned around while I walked over to the door, Peter stripped down to his underwear and began to put on the stealth suit. I still managed to sneak a peek, however, before seeing Ned standing in the doorway. The MJ and Ned shared a glance. MJ impassive, Ned panicked.
Peter zipped up the Stealth Suit, lifting up the eye visors.

"Ah! Ned, perfect!" Peter exclaimed.

"The costume looks great! For the costume party, at the... Prince's castle..."

"She knows. He told her." I informed.

"He didn't tell me. I figured it out."

Ned hesitated, then slowly nodded.

"Oh. That's cool."

"Like, a long time ago."

"...oh."

"Look, Mysterio is a fraud." Peter bluntly stated.

"But he- But he saved me and Betty's lives-"

"No, he's been faking the whole thing with illusion tech." I told him.

"Yeah, he's using these, like, hologram projectors." MJ continued.

"Whoa! That's... crazy!"

"Yeah."

A beat while Peter and MJ shared a glance.

"So, you guys were, like... working the case together, or what?" Ned inquired.

"It's been mostly me." I told him.

"Look, Ned, I need you to call May, get her to call Mr. Harrington, say that she wanted me to stay with family in Berlin until this all blows over, okay?"

"Got it. Easy."

"Wow. You guys lie with such ease." MJ said, dumbfounded.

"Its all part of the job, darlin'."

I smiled at her, gathering the tech and zipping it up in my backpack.

"Gotta go."

Peter stated as he started to move out, pulling open the window curtains. I walked over to the window, bag in hand, ready to hand it to him.

"Pete, what do you want me to do? I can't just sit by and pretend like I'm not a part of this anymore."

"I need you to keep them safe. Them knowing only makes them a target."

I handed him the bag.

"And whose gonna keep you safe?"

I tilted my head as closed the eye visor, turning to MJ and Ned.

"Don't tell anyone about this, okay? Anyone who knows is in danger."

With that, Peter gave me one last look before he jumped out the window.

"So, you know, too. It's cool! Um. I mean, I've known first and I've known longer but it's not a competition-" Ned defended.

I raised my brows at him.

"Ned, I've known the longest-"

I collected any of mine or Peter's stuff from the room and stood in front of Ned.

"Don't worry, big guy, you're still his guy in the chair."