Chapter 24: Ferry.

At night, the students' families met them by the school bus.

"Peter?"

I heard May call as we walked out to where everyone was. Aunt May ran to Peter and embraced him. Everyone's families were here. Everyone's bar mine.

____________________________

At school, the student news played on a TV in the hall.

" This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship. Later that day, they also defeated death." Jason announced.

"Explosion. Sally scream. Flash scream. Everybody screamin'."

"There were purple lasers and smoke everywhere, It was..."

A cat emoji appeared over Charles' mouth and a beep was inserted as he swore.

"...just like a Bon Jovi concert."

" As you know, we made it out alive, and that's the important thing. I couldn't bear to lose a student on a school trip. Not again."

The camera amateurishly zoomed in on Mr. Harrington's face.

"Thankfully, no one was seriously injured, thanks to the Spider-Man." Jason stated before continuing.

"Up next: The Spider-Man mania is sweeping the school. How can you show your spider spirit?"

Peter grinned as he walked past the TV showing the student news. A few students were standing around the TV to watch the news. As Peter cheerfully entered another hall, Ned and I joined him.

" Dude, dude, dude, dude. What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?"

"Crazy, dude."

"It's crazy. Should we tell everyone?"

" No." Peter and I said simultaneously.

"Should I tell everyone?"

" No, dude, no, that's not a good idea."

"Okay, come on, we'll be late to class."

"I'm not going to class."

I looked at Peter, brows furrowed.

"You're already in so much trouble for ditching the Decathlon."

"Sof, listen, I figured it out, right? The wing suit guy is stealing from Damage Control. And what he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all I gotta do is catch him."

"But we have a Spanish quiz."

" Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate, so when I bring this guy in-"

"Dude, you want to be a high school dropout?"

" I am so far beyond high school right now."

" Parker, my office."

Ned walked off as I grabbed Peters arm, turning him around.

"This is our fight, Peter."

"I gotta go."

He pulled away from my grip and walked into the Principle's office.
________________________
I knew Peter would have detention so there I stood in the empty hallway. Peter lifted a row of lockers off the ground, revealing a hidden space beneath. He grabbed a bottle of web fluid and lowered the lockers. Peter threw the bottle up in the air, and caught it again. He jumped when he saw me.

"Sof?"

"I can't let you do this alone, Pete."

There was silence.