Ch. 20: Know Your Enemy

After being pursued by a bunch of mysterious men clad in bowler hats and trenchcoats, Kouya and the others had to run away and escape from them, with the help of a mysterious teen Irregular, roughly around the same age as them, named Shisui.

The five teens were still hiding on the roof of the nearby 24/7, when Risa decided to speak out.

"So... can anyone tell me what exactly is going on here?" Said Risa. "Why is Kouya getting mugged by those trenchcoat-wearing grunts?"

"And furthermore, who are you exactly?!" Risa continued.

"... My name is Shisui." Shisui replied.

"I didn't ask for a name, I'm asking who you are!" Said Risa. "There's a difference, y'know."

"Risa, just chill..." Kouya replied.

"How do you expect me to chill when those pairs of himmer-hommers are staring at me, huh?!" Said Risa, visibly fuming.

"... 'Himmer-hommers'?" Kouya replied, puzzled.

"The boobs! Those big, bouncy, juicy pair of milk jugs!" Said Risa, aggressively pointing at Shisui's rather plump chest. "They laugh at me and mock my very existence!"

"Th-Those are..." Shisui replied, blushing.

"You think you're hot stuff because you're bigger than this flat chest of mine, huh?" Said Risa. "Well, guess what. Flat is justice, and justice will prevail!"

"Ris-" Kouya replied.

"I will never succumb to giant-breasted fiends like you! Ya hear me?!" Said Risa. "Someday I will rid this world of the scourge of big bouncing himmer-hom-"

"What are himmer-hommers...?" Shisui interrupted, seemingly confused.

"E-Eh?" Said Risa.

"Graaaaaah! What the hell is this girl?!" Risa thought, fuming inside.

"So, yeah, as Risa was trying to ask a while ago..." Said Kouya. "She wanted to know what brought you here. Also, about those trenchcoat goons..."

"... Those are agents. They serve for R.E.D. Corporation." Shisui replied.

"R.E.D. Corporation? Isn't that, like, that company who's plastered their logo all over town?" Said Kouya.

"Yes. That R.E.D.." Shisui replied. "Allow me to elaborate."

"R.E.D. Corporation is the biggest scientific and pharmaceutical research company in all of Japan." Shisui continued. "They're well-known for their various discoveries and breakthroughs in the realm of science and technology."

"They also own 75% of Shin-Majima-cho, having been a pivotal contributor to the reconstruction of this town following the Seether explosion." Shisui continued.

"Ohhhhhhh..." Said Kouya. "I don't get it."

Risa, Shiki and Nina all facepalm in unison. Rock, meanwhile, shrugs.

"I didn't get it either." Said Rock.

Shisui sighs.

"In layman's terms, they're this huge drug company who also happen to own this town." Said Shisui. "And while they seem like a well-intentioned and good-natured company at first glance... in reality, they're anything but."

"I would know... because me and my brother were among their many, many, many victims." Shisui continued.

"Victims...?" Kouya replied.