Ch. 28: The Miracle Touch

-Alleyway 1:16 PM-

Following the gruelling battle between Risa and Hyouka, as well as Shisui getting stabbed by the latter, the Mugen gang decided to took a slight detour to heal their injuries. However, knowing they couldn't go to a run-of-the-mill hospital at the risk of being tracked by R.E.D., Kouya had another plan in mind.

"Huh? 'Dr. Naoko'...?" Said Risa, resisting her injuries the best he could.

"Yeah, she used to be our nurse in middle school." Kouya replied. "I already took Shisui to her care, and the others are hanging around in her place too."

"I see." Said Risa.

"Since we can't exactly show our faces on some hospital unless we wanna get caught, we have to make do with this." Kouya replied, with a warm smile on his face. "Besides, I'm sure Dr. Naoko will take care of your injuries in no time."

A slight smile forms on Risa's face. Kouya then stares at Risa with curiosity, prompting Risa to look away as she starts blushing.

"Sh-Shut up, you..." Said Risa, her cheeks blushing bright red.

"I... I wasn't even saying anything yet..." Kouya replied, confused.

-Dr. Naoko's Clinic 1:20 PM-

Eventually, Kouya and Risa were able to reach their destination: a humble little clinic in the middle of the outskirts of Shin-Majima, where they would meet the person whom Kouya was talking about.

The door opens, and the two are eventually greeted by a rather tall and buxom woman, appearing to be in her late 20s. She had long raven black hair and maroon eyes, and was wearing a long short-sleeved white lab coat on top of a maroon v-neck shirt, black slash and maroon slippers.

"Oh, Kaminari! Welcome!" Said the woman.

"Hey there, Miss Naoko." Kouya replied.

"If you're asking about your friend, don't worry about her." Said Dr. Naoko, the woman. "She's stable and now recovering on one of the rooms."

"Got it. Thanks, Miss Naoko." Kouya replied. "You wouldn't mind if we come in for a bit, right?"

"Oh, sure! Please do come in." Said Dr. Naoko.

"Thanks, Miss Naoko!" Kouya replied. "Risa, you okay? You've been silent ever since you got here."

Without saying a word, Risa, while blushing red, points to Dr. Naoko's rather well-endowed chest. The look on her face indicates that she is none too pleased.

"Oh, right... them himmer-hommers... Said Kouya. "Still, she's very nice, so don't worry about it too much, OK?"

Risa sighs.

"Fine..." Said Risa.

With all that's been said, Kouya and Risa eventually enter the clinic.

-Dr. Naoko's Clinic 1:23 PM-

Inside the clinic, Dr. Naoko decided to ask Kouya and Risa several questions.

"Your girlfriend over here doesn't seem to be in quite a good shape, mind telling me what happened?" Said Dr. Naoko.

"Eh...?!" Risa replied, blushing red.

"Umm... she's... not my girlfriend... Ehehe..." Kouya replied, with a slightly embarrassed look on his face.

"Uh-huh, sure..." Said Dr. Naoko, with a mischievous smirk on her face.

"The hell are you implying..." Risa muttered beneath her breath.