Ch. 2: A Chance Reunion

THE NEXT DAY
-Streets 12:40 PM-

A day after meeting the enigmatic, fire-manipulating Irregular, Risa Himawari, Kouya Kaminari was walking around the streets of Shin-Majima, his mind still full of questions.

In his mind, he can't seem to stop thinking about Risa. Everything about her seemed to mystify the young teen.

"That girl... Risa..." Kouya thought. "What a strange girl..."

"At first she looks fine... but those eyes..." Kouya continued. "I can tell that there's something... odd..."

"Its as if... they were trying to tell me... something." Kouya continued.

Then, as if fate were pushing them closer together, Kouya encounters Risa once again, seemingly fiddling around with her smartphone... perhaps sending a text. Whatever the case, Kouya decided to follow her around.

"Hey! Risa!" Said Kouya, walking beside an oblivious Risa. "Remember me?"

"It's me! Kouya Kaminari!" Kouya continued, shifting to the other side. "Yoo-hoo..."

"Man, only a day after our meeting and you're already ignoring me." Kouya continued, blocking her front in an attempt to get her attention.

"Huh?" Risa replied, whilst pulling out her earbuds. "Oh, it's you. What's up?"

As it turns out, Risa was wearing a pair of earbuds, hence why she couldn't hear him. Kouya hangs his head in shame.

"So that's why you couldn't hear me, huh..." Said Kouya.

"Anyways, what do you want?" Risa replied.

"Oh, uh... nothing, really." Said Kouya. "Just... checking on ya to see if you're okay. That's... pretty much it."

"Tch, I've no time for this." Risa replied, as she walks away from Kouya's vicinity.

"H-Hey! Wait up, Risa!" Said Kouya, as he tries to follow Risa around.

Risa sighs.

"What is it?" Said Risa.

"I just... wanted to know you more!" Kouya replied. "Get the time to know each other better, make friends, that kind of stuff."

Risa rolls her eyes away from Kouya and crosses her arms.

"Tch, don't act so friendly to me." Said Risa. "I'm not that gullible, y'know?"

"I've seen guys like you before. They try to act friendly, all buddy-buddy and stuff." Risa continued. "But then, they turn out to have a lot of hidden tricks up their sleeve."

"What? No! I really do want to be friends!" Kouya replied. "Please, just list-"

"And even if we were actual friends, I don't think we'd last long." Said Risa.

"Why?" Kouya replied.

"You see... I'm not like you." Said Risa.

"What do you mean? We're both teenagers, we're both Irregulars..." Kouya replied. "We both have our own PSIand stu-"

"I didn't mean it like that, you shit-for-brains!" Said Risa, visibility becoming uncomfortable with the conversation. "I mean... if you've learned all about the 'real' me..."

"Huh?" Kouya replied.

Risa closes her eyes, then turns around. From a single look, one can tell that she was hiding some deep sorrows from within.

"L-Look, just... Please leave me alone, okay? I have some more stuff to do." Said Risa. "And one more thing... please stop calling me 'Risa'. We aren't close friends. Not now, not ever."