Ch. 15: Treading Dangerous Waters

During a peaceful stroll around Nijimura Park, the MUGEN gang were attacked by an Irregular girl who possessed the PSI-Power known as "Watercharmer". Her attacks managed to successfully take Kouya out but Risa, Rock and Shiki aren't giving up without a fight.

"My name is Nina Ludens, bearer of the PSI-Power known as 'Watercharmer'." Said the girl. "And now, it's time for you to disappear."

Nina may appear like an innocent little girl, but her sharp words, her terrifying death glare, and the air of sadism in her actions paint her as something much, much more sinister.

Nina then proceeds to command the water current with a wave of her hand, as if it were a whip, and sends it toward the direction of the three youngsters. The force of the current proceeded to whip Rock and Shiki away, but Risa was able to block it and stay at her position.

"What?! She took the full force of the attack without flinching?" Nina thought. "Interesting...now let's see what happens once I unleash a second current!"

Music: "Apossibly" by The Apex Theory (Topsy-Turvy; 2002)

As Risa and the gang were reeling from the attack, Nina then proceeds to take a pen from her jacket's pockets, moves it to her left hand and punches a hole on the cap of the second, water bottle strapped on her left ankle with it.

She the proceeds to raise her left arm upward, causing the water from the bottle to rise up slowly, later forming a standing water current not to dissimilar from the one she was controlling before.

"What the...?" Risa thought.

Nina then proceed to perform several elaborate and dance-like movements with her arms, with the water currents following their every move, with the intention of captivating the enemy. All before she unleases her surprise attack by sending both of the currents toward her opponent.

Risa, still unable to unleash Firestarter due to her wet hands, proceeds to dodge the currents. Eventually, Rock runs up toward the two and shields Risa with both his arms coated in concrete. He the rushes up to Nina, and prepares his fist for a Solid Straight.

"SOLID...!-" Said Rock.

However, before he was able to get close, Nina whips him away quickly using her water currents, causing him to come crashing to the nearest wall.

Undettered, Rock quickly gets up from the attack, and proceeds to rush toward Nina a second time.

"Dammit! My turn now!" Said Rock.

Once again, Rock runs toward Nina's direction, shielding himself from her water currents using his concrete-reinforced arms.

Once he was getting close to her, he decides to use his strength and opts to charge at her shoulder-first in order to tackle her instead.

"If I can't hit you with my fists, I'll take you down with the force of my body instead!" Said Rock. "TERRA BLITZ!"

However, before Rock was able to land a hit, Nina grabs his shoulder, and proceeds to do a handstand, before landing behind him, allowing her to escape his Terra Blitz, while leaving Rock wide open for a counter-attack.

Nina takes her right hand, still holding the pen, and proceeds to perform a corkscrew motion with her hand, before moving her arm.

"My turn." Said Nina. "HYDRO DRILLER!"

Nina then thrusts her arm forward, causing her water currents to take the form of a drill, eventually hitting Rock from behind with it. Her Hydro Driller may not be able to bore a hole on her enemies, but its sheer pressure is more than enough to bring the pain.