Midnight Marathon

Start from the beginning

"Ok, I'll get down here!" said Zhan, pulled out his wallet. He gave the driver a few piece of cash notes.

"Are you sure? It's still far from your destination...!" said the driver.

"I'm fine. Walk will be faster than waiting here...!" replied Zhan. He hop off of the cab and ran to the pedestrian way.

He glanced at his phone's screen. Already 12.46. He kept running and never stop even though he ran out of breath. At many times he bumped into other people. He said sorry and turned around and bowed at them, but he never make a stop. He glanced at his phone again. 12.50. He had run more than half of the distance. That means, he would reach the office building about 6 more minutes.

He ran and ran and never stop. His shirt wet by sweat, but he couldn't care less. He needed to reach the penthouse before 1 sharp.

At the gate, he halted by the guards.

"I need to see the company's owner!" said Zhan, between his restless breath.

"Why should you see him so late at night like this? He must sleep already. Come back tomorrow!" said the guard.

"No, please...! You know me, right? I'm Mr. Wang trusted man...!" Zhan pleaded.

"Yeah! But it's late already!" replied the guard.

"Please! It's super important...!" Zhan begged .

"Come back tomorrow!"

"No! Please! it's all about Mr. Wang's life!" cried Zhan.

The guard stared at him. He couldn't believe Zhan's words. But he saw Zhan's tears, trickled down his cheeks. And it was a lot. 

"Fine...! Get in!" the guard finally allowed Zhan to go in.

"Thank you! Thank you so much! God bless you!" said Zhan, very happy.

The guard opened the gate and let him in. Then he accompanied Zhan to the building to open the main entrance.

"The emergency light will on when it reads your movement!" said the guard.

"Thank you!" 

Zhan ran into the office lobby and straight away to the lift. He hit 10th floor button. He looked at his phone again.

12.59.

****

Yibo sat on the couch in the small living room in his penthouse. He kept checking the time. 12.59. There was no sign of Zhan is coming. He sighed. He walked to the door and peered from behind the curtain. Not a single soul was there. The office area was all black out.

Yibo was never stay in the office penthouse in the night, actually. It sent him a creepy vibes. That night, because he was with Zhan. And tonight, because he was waiting for Zhan. He could overcome his fear for Zhan.

1.01.

"He's not coming...." Yibo sighed.

He dropped the curtain and turned to the couch again. But the sound of somebody was running in the hallway stopped him to do so. He turned again to the door and opened the curtain widely. At that time, his lips curled upward forming a smile.

There, in the office corridor, he saw Zhan was running. His look was messy, but it didn't lessen his beauty.

Yibo grabbed the curtain controller and drew back the whole curtain. He opened the door to welcome Zhan.
Zhan reached the door. His breath already runs out. He bend down and held his knees.

"You came!" cried Yibo, full of excitement. He couldn't  stop smiling.

Zhan got up and grabbed Yibo's pyjamas collar.

"You really are a big shit!" Zhan hissed and pushed Yibo into the house. Then he slammed Yibo's lips with his.

They walked to the couch without breaking the kiss until Yibo fell on the couch. Zhan climbed on Yibo and continued kissing him.

"I'm very happy...!" said Yibo, once they broke their kiss.

"I'm very tired...." said Zhan. He dropped his face on Yibo's shoulder.

"Hey! Zhan! Zhan! YOu cannot do this! we just reconciled! I still miss you! Zhan! Zhan! Wake up!" Yibo shook Zhan's body.

But Zhan was too tired. He drank wine in the dinner and ran a kilometer plus in the middle of the night was really exhausted him.