Eight

"Hazel and Olivia are here!" Colby shouts so the whole house could hear him. "Hey! Liv, Hazel how are you guys?" Sam says greeting us. "Im good ive missed you guys." I state releasing from Sam and I's hug. Hazel and I follow Sam and Colby through the house. It didnt take us long to find two unfamiliar faces. "Aye lookie there Colby finally brought a girl home." Says a guy with black and white hair. "And not just one, two." The one with short brown hair says standing up to greet us. "Well Corey, Jake, this is Olivia and Hazel. They are also from Kansas." "Wow youre from Kansas and Colby never brought you to see me. How fake." Jake says after shaking my hand. "So I take it youre from Kansas too?" Hazel says shaking Coreys hand. "Nope im from florida. Wait I just realized that I am in a house full of Kansans and yet there isnt one yellow brick road in sight." Jake, Sam, Hazel, Colby, and I all said something along the lines of. "Oh my god." And "are you kidding me."  It gets kinda annoying when all people think of Kansas as is Wheat feilds, Wizard of Oz and Tornados. When Wichita is ranked number 52 of the most populated city in the united states. Okay its not that impressive when i really think about it. My train of thought was broken when Colby decides to show me to his room. "Dang the master bedroom." I say looking around. "Yeah..." "how did you talk the boys into letting you have this room?" I ask sitting on his bed. "Well heres something you dont know about me. I like to sit on my balcony and just think." "Just think huh." "Yeah basically oh look its getting dark come here." He leads me to his balcony then onto his roof and lastly this secret patio with a blanket and snacks. Colby lays down on the blanket and pats the empty spot next to him. I take the hint and lay next to him. "What are we doing here?" I ask "this is where i come to look at the stars." I dont respond to him. I just look up and point out the constellations. "Look Orians Belt, and theres the big dipper and there is Gemini." "So you like astronomy?" He asks me. "Yeah im a bit of a nerd when it comes to that stuff. Im sorry." "What are you sorry for?" "I dont know you just dont seem like the type to be with a nerd." "Liv. I think its cute just as long as you are not one of those zodiac girls. Because i dont think those are real." "Yeah i feel like you are meant to be with your soulmate. That soulmate shouldnt have to be a certain zodiac sign. I dont think that only certain signs are compatible with another certain sign. I just like to look for them in the sky. Like look there is my Zodiac, Taurus. Whats your sign?" "Oh my gosh you are too much. I am a Capricorn." Sorry bud the Capricorn constellation only comes out in the winter." I say turning to look at him. "Colby can I tell you something?" I ask looking back at the sky. "Yeah of course." "The entire reason as to why I came to Hawaii was because I needed to tell you how i felt about you. I love you. And I tried to hide it for the longest time." I state sitting up. "I tried hiding it by getting back with my ex Erick. I tried stopping whatever feelings I had for you. But its impossible. Youre like a drug. Everything about you is addictive and everytine i try to stop. The more I need you. Its so hard trying to hide that I love you Colby Brock." Colby sat up at this point. "I love you too Olivia."
     Colby and I sat on that Patio for about 2 hours. Heading down stairs I find Hazel sleeping on Coreys shoulder while Corey sits there still trying not to wake her. Corey motions for help and thats when Jake pulled out his phone and told Colby to record what he was about to do for TikTok. He grabbed pancake mix and water. You can just imagine how pissed she was after the prank was over. Hazel showered to get the pasty mix off of her. "Do you guys just want to stay here instead of that dingy ass hotel?" Sam asks. "Yeah we dont bite and plus you guys are great." Corey states. "I mean sure im down and im sure Hazel is too." "Great sounds like a plan." Colby says ploping down on the love sack.

     I wake up on the couch in Colbys room. Checking my phone the clock reads 11:27am. And once again multiple instagram notifications. All of them being hate because i am hanging out with Colby. Sitting up and turning around i notice Colby isnt in his bed anymore. I decide to go downstairs and check on everyone else. Thats when i hear the song Savage by Meg the Stallion playing. I turn the corner to find Colby, Corey, and Sam learning the TikTok dance. "Woah am i in the Hype house or the Trap house." Everyone laughs and thats when i realize that Jake a Hazel are missing. "Where is Jake and Hazel?" "Jake is in the closet." Sam says as Jake opens the closet door. "Hey Liv." "Oh hi Jake." "And Hazel is on the couch over there." Corey proclaims answering the second part of my question.
And sure enough Hazel was asleep on the couch. "Hey sleepy head ready to go to the hotel?" I say gently waking her up. "Mmm Cant we just stay here?" "Hazel we already booked the hotel." "I know but i just want to live here. Like with the boys. Its paradise here." "Haze we cant do that our lease doesnt end until August." "Okay thats just 2 months away. Listen Liv i know you want to stay too. I saw how you and Colby were hitting it off." "Hazel stop we are just friends. C'mon get up." By this time i was basically prying her off of the couch. "Yall can move in if you want." I hear Corey say. "We wouldnt mind 2 extra roomates." "Thanks Corey but we cant afford to continue to pay rent on our apartment and pay rent here at the same time. Plus i cant afford to quit my job in Kansas." "Liv chill you can get a job here." "And what about the rent both here and in Kanas Hazel?" "You can live here rent free until you are 1 financially stable and 2 are done paying for the rent in Kansas." Corey says trying to comfort me. "Im gonna go to the hotel my uber is here." I decide to just end the conversation there and leave. Whether Hazel followed me or not i didnt care.
     Walking into the hotel room and setting my stuff down it felt peaceful.  I got a flashback from last night. It was Colby telling me of when he felt most at peace. It was on his balcony. Remembering that i went and sat on my hotel balcony and play a chill throw back play list. With songs like; Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson, Hey There Delilah by Plain White Tees, and I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons. Just to name a few. This playlist just puts me in a good mood. It makes me feel peaceful. However it doesnt stop the constant thought of why i kept running away from the thing i truly want. Colby. Why do I keep running from him. I ran when people attacked me for hanging out with him, I ran when he told me he was moving, and I ran when I was told I could live there. Why? Why am I running? Am I afraid of commitment because of what happened with James? Or am I afraid of losing someone like I lost my parents?
*Hazels POV*
     "Hey wheres Olivia?" Colby asks coming into the living room. "She went to our hotel room." I answer him. "Why she knows she can stay here right?" "I dont know she just chose not to i guess." "Should we go see her?" Corey asked joining in on our conversation. "I wouldnt go to the hotel maybe text her and ask her if she wants to meet at the beach or something." "Okay ill text her." Jake offers. "No Colby you should I think she wants to hear from you the most."
*Colbys Pov*

Me: Hey do you want to meet us at the beach and hang out we are done filming for the day.

Liv 🤍: Yeah sure. See you there in 5?

Me: Sounds like a plan.

*Time Skip.*
     We get to the beach and Liv is no where in sight. "Where is she?" I ask after searching the entire beach. "Colby we just got here she is probably on her way." A few minutes later I see Olivia step out of her car. Im about a quarter mile down the beach. I decide to run up to her instead of waiting for her to get down by the water. She looked so beautiful. Yeah her body isnt perfect like for example she doesnt have a flat stomach or perfectly clear skin. And thats what i love about her. Shes not like everyone else. And she doesnt try to be like everyone else. That to me is perfect. Hugging her made all my worries go away. I felt so at peace with her.
*Olivias Pov*
     As soon as we got down to the beach I saw everybody. Ive only been away for a few hours but god i missed them. Back in Kansas I sailed alot. However we dont have Oceans or really any body of water in Kansas so I just sailed in the lakes that we had. You can almost imagine the excitement I had when I found out you could rent a Sailboat. "Woah Hazel look." I say pointing at the Hobie Fx One. Its the Same boat i have at home just a newer model. "No fucking way." Hazel says in response. "Wait you can sail?" Jake asks. "Yeah." "Bro we should all go out." Corey suggests. "YES PLEASE." I say in excitement.
      Once I rigged the boat it was time for us to get ready to go out onto the water. " now I think that because you guys are the trap boys i feel that it is only right that you guys should go trapping." I suggest "Traping? What does that mean?" Colby asks. " Youll see, only two people can go at a time so Hazel and I will go first just so you guys can see what it is and how to do it." I say as Hazel and I put on the harnesses. Its just like a life jacket for your butt with a hook on the front. Hazel and I push the boat out onto the water once everyone was on and ready to go.
     Once we started going and got out in the ocean a bit more it was time for us to start trapping. We hook onto the little hole so we can hang off the side of the boat. "Corey could you hand me the tiller." "What the fuck is a tiller?" "Its the long pole that i use to steer the boat." "Oh okay here." "Jake hand me the main sheet." Hazel says pointing to the blue and black rope. "Okay and what does this one do?" Jake asks handing her the rope. "It determines how fast we go by changing how tight the sail is." "ah got it." "So how long have you guys been sailing for?" Colby asks "since i was 7 so 13 years." "Wow so you know what you are doing." "Well yeah i hope so."