ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ᴇxᴏʀᴄɪsᴛ

(Name), Yashiro, and Hanako we're all on the school roof together. Though, it was mainly just (Name) and Hanako watching Yashiro swoon after fictional guys.

Yashiro sighed, dreamily. "I don't suppose a hot guy would fall from the sky!"

"Yashiro..." Hanako muttered.

"I'm not being serious!" she exclaimed. "I know the difference between fantasy and reality. But I am a supernatural's assistant. I can't help it if I end up hoping for a special encounter that leads to a romance."

"Special?" Hanako asked.

"Yeah! Like in this movie..." she started. "Because of her noble predigree, a lovely maiden, me, and her best friend, (Name), is taken captive by an evil spirit! Suddenly, before their eyes, a beautiful young man falls from the sky. He vanquishes the evil spirit, and the three of them become close friends, with him developing feelings for me!"

The trio all had the same vision, imagining Hanako as an evil spirit who was being kill by this "beautiful young man."

"Uh, hes vanquishing me," Hanako pointed out. He snatched the book from Yashiro. "No more dangerous ideologies. Besides, you don't need those silly delusions."

Hanako wrapped his arm around (Name) waist, pulling her incredibly close to him. "You've got (Name) and I, right?" (Name) tried to brush off the heat she felt in her face, trying to push Hanako off her. A loud yell suddenly caught the trio's attention.

"That's far enough!" Kou Minamoto dramatically jumped down from where he stood. "I've finally found you, you vile fiend!"

(Name)'s jaw practically dropped. She could only hope that Teru hadn't ratted her out to him. "Kou-kun?!"

"(Surname)-senpai? I see that this guy has you captured too." Kou dramatically pointed at himself. "I am a third year in the Kamome Academy Middle School Divison. Kou Minamoto at your service! Take memory of me as your souvenir to the afterlife!"

Yashiro's face, which just wore a look of happiness and admiration instantly dropped. She turned to Hanako. "Do you know this person too, Hanako-kun? I think he can see you."

"Well I've never met him in person," Hanako said. "But he's in the Minamoto Clan right? That would be why he can see me."

"The Minamoto Clan..." (Name) muttered, instantly recognizing the name. "The warriors?"

"Well, you know," Hanako said, preparing to explain to Yashiro and I, "once upon a time, it was the time they called us supernaturals 'youkai' and had much stronger powers."

(Name) grinned, happy that there was a topic she actually knew a lot about. "Ah! I remember the rest of it! There were three that were feared more than the rest. I'm pretty sure they were believed to be more powerful than the gods."

"Yup!" Hanako confirmed. "One of those three was the evil Oni of Mount Ooe. And he was slain by the exorcist extraordinaire, Minamoto No Yorimitsu. The ancestor of that one over there!"

"Exactly!" Kou said. "I'm shocked that you know about that (Surname)-senpai but it's not surprise. My ancestors left powerful artifacts for their descendants to use! I will master all of them to protect people from vicious supernaturals. And so, I'm here to exorcise you!"

Kou jumped up, ready to attack Hanako. Hanako dodged the attack gripping on the umbrella Kou held.

"Exorcise me?" Hanako asked. "I'm not sure if you can pull that off."

"You don't huh?" The umbrella started to spark, causing electricity to flow throughout the umbrella, electrifying Hanako.

Yashiro instantly rushed over to him, with (Name) slowly trailing behind. As much as she wanted to keep up the distant act out of the fear of the past, she had an even larger fear of losing Hanako again.