ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ)

Yashiro and Kou continued to stare at Shijima with wide eyes. Neither of them could comprehend what the girl had said at all.

"Kill them?" Yashiro asked.

"You don't really mean..." Kou murmured.

"Exactly that!" Shijima said, with a grin. "I mean exactly what I said! Strangle them. Stab them with a knife. Give 'em a good whack! Push them off a high place. Pick whatever method you like!"

"Wha-?!" Kou glared at her, about to burst with anger. "What the hell are you talking about?! How is that supposed to get us back to our world?!"

"Oh?" Shijima said. "You don't know? This place is fake." She spread her arms with a wide smile. "You're in a fictional world!"

Kou and Yashiro stayed silent.

"You seem to be confused," Shijima said. "Allow me to explain."

Shijima began to scribble on a notebook that she grabbed. She turned what she drew towards Kou and Yashiro and gave it a small tap with her pencil. It was the two of them inside a box with a sky drawn around it, with Aoi, Yokoo and a few others on sticky note like papers.

"Take a look here," Shijima said. "This is a fictional world removed from reality. You are inside pictures drawn by Mei Shijima. I invite people into the worlds of my pictures because that's how supernatural Mei Shijima writes her stories."

"We're inside a picture?" Yashiro asked.

"Yes!" she confirmed. "You don't believe me? But you felt like something was off, didn't you? Isn't that why you came here?"

The two of them thought back to Hanako and Mitsuba being students at their school. (Name)'s odd behavior. Akane and Aoi getting broken into pieces. In a way, it was one of the only logical explanations.

"Now," Shijima continued, as she flipped the page the her notebook, "be it a novel or a painting, a main character is an indispensable element in all of fiction. Because the creator builds the world with that character at its core! A world without a main character can't hold up. It collapses. Fragile isn't it? Fiction, I mean. Now do you understand?

"You are in a fictional world drawn by Mei Shijima whose main characters are (Name) (Name), Amane Yugi and Sousuke Mitsuba. If you kill them, the world will be destroyed and you two will be able to return to reality! That is how the story goes and that is the kind of supernatural I am." She smiled as she showed a new drawing of Kou and Yashiro escaping from a collapsed world.

"You.." Kou said. "You know we can't do that. Even if they are just fakes. That's just..."

"Awww! Why not? You wanna get back to reality, don't you?"

"We wanna go back," Yashiro added, "but that's so..!"

"Well," Shijima continued as if she didn't hear them at all, "then hurry up and kill them! This is all make believe anyway. It's no worse than tearing up a sheet of paper and throwing it away. And, of course, you won't be charged for crimes either." She ripped up the piece of paper she showed them and walked over to the wall. "If you're short on equipment then.." She began drawing a bunch of weapons on her paper.

"What the..?" Kou asked. "A picture?"

She yanked at the chain she drew and multiple different weapons popped out of the wall.