He looked up from the bottles in his hand with a frown.

"What?" He scanned me with a confused look.

"I thought you left." I breathed out and walked in.

He stopped frowning and leaned down on the counter in front of him, facing me.

"Why the hell would i drive all the way out here to leave you?" his voice was questioning but his eyes were getting softer by the second.

"It was stupid. My mind isn't working" i rounded the counter to his side. "What do you have there?"

"Wine" he looked down at the bottles in his hand.

"Alexander had good taste" he looked a the cupboard to the left and I followed his gaze. The cabinets were stacked from the roof to the floor with wine. Most of which looked really old, but that just meant its been aged well. 

"Didn't think Xander to be the wine type" i eyed the cabinet.

"Didn't think he was the father type either" he drew my attention back to him.

"His ex girlfriend died in child birth" I looked back at the wine cabinet.

"Shit" he muttered.

"He was so devastated he made me feed her my blood hoping she would recover" I turned towards him.

"You were there?"
I turned around to find him looking at me wide eyed in surprise.

"Not exactly, but I was around" i shook my head trying not to picture that moment.

I didn't say anything more so he understood not to ask anything else.

"Why were you looking for me?" his frown was back.

"I don't remember" I lied. I wasn't hungry anymore.

The time for the spell was coming closer and I was starting to have second thoughts about it. What if the witch tries something? What of she screws with my mind? What if something goes genuinely wrong?

"You really thought I left you?" that familiar low voice once again dragged me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him with a somewhat vacant expression. It was stupid of me to think that. But what if he did? I shouldn't have been upset. I should have been angry. I didn't want him here in the first place.

I didn't respond to him. I just looked to the side, taking deep breaths, counting the seconds closer to the spell.

"Hey" he took a step towards me "I'm staying with you. Even if you go with this stupid decison of yours" he cupped my face in his hand and I felt another wash of relief over my whole body.

"Will you be there through the whole thing?" I put my hands around his hands that we holding my face and.

He nodded.

"If anything goes wrong I will kill every single one of them" his voice was intense and threatening. I knew he wasn't lying about it. I knew he was strong enough to actually do it.

"No" I put a hand on his chest. "You will not" I gave him a warning look.

He breathed out and pulled his hands down from my face but I caught them before they dropped.

"You can kill the witch if you want" I gave him a slight smirk, hoping he would return it but he didn't. His expression still held that intensity and threat.

"You're really hell bent on doing this aren't you" his voice was a whisper, his hand came back upto my face to run his hands along the side of my face as he took a step closer.