Chapter 20

Katerina woke up, having a headache and not being able to move. She opened her eyes, adjusting them to the faint light. She quickly realised that she had been knocked unconscious and some chains were now holding her tied to the wall.

"Princess you are finally awake."

Said the same voice she heard before she was knocked out. Nikolai was staring at her smiling.

"You've been out for a whole day, princess and let me just tell you I expected more of a fight."

He said stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"Fuck you."

She said and spat in his face. He slapped her and grabbed her hair making her look at him.

"In a month you will be my wife. As my wife you do as I say, when I say and whichever way I say. Understood?"

His voice was filled with venom.

"I will never be your bitch, Nikolai."

She said in a very calm manner which made him want to kill her.

"I will kill that little boy of yours. You will love and care only for me."

She let out laugh.

"My heart belongs and will always belong to Valerio. I would kill every single person in this earth for him and he would do the same."

Nikolai was now pissed off and slapped her again.

"Don't speak of another man other than me."

"Oh my poor Nikolai, even if fucking God was against Val and I we would still be together. It will always be him and I no matter what you say."

Nikolai went close to her and punched her but she just started laughing.

"Please Nikolai continue beating me some more, maybe it will make your dick grow."

Nikolai kicked her stomach and continued kicking her until blood was coming out of her mouth. He then left and Katerina was alone in her cell.

A plan was forming in her head and she needed to be prepared. She needed to eat to be strong, not provoke them so they won't beat her and on her wedding day she was going to kill them all.

However, she needed weapons and something to unlock these chains with. Her thoughts were interrupted when a guard came in. He was holding a plate of food but his eyes were fixed on her. That's it, he was her key to escape she just needed make him think she liked him.

"Hi, do you speak English?"

She asked him trying to sound sweet.

"Yes, I do."

He answered still looking at her.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Dimitri."

She wanted to throw up with what she was doing, but she needed to get out of here she needed to go back to Val.

"Well nice to meet you Dimitri."

She said as he smirked and walked out. Her plan was coming together nicely she just needed to have her acting skills on point.

********************************

Back in the mansion Valerio was a mess. He was sitting in his office his hair messed up, his shirt buttons undone and eye bags under his beautiful eyes. He hadn't slept a wink since she was taken which was yesterday.

In front him were the profiles from new possible members. He recognized one of them, he was one of his classmates growing up. He quickly pulled his phone out and dialed his number.

"Ciao.(hello.)"

Said the voice from the other line.

"Is this Antonio?"

Asked Valerio waiting for the other person's response.

"Yes this is he."

"A car will pick you up at ten minutes please get in I am waiting for you."

Valerio hang up the phone before Antonio could respond and waited in his office. After approximately an hour someone knocked on his office door.

"Come in."

Answered Valerio and Antonio entered. He was a blonde guy with dark brown eyes, pretty tall but not very muscular unlike all the other guys on Valerio's team.

"So Antonio you are here because you are a possible future member of La Cosa Nostra. In order to get in we need to know your specialities, you need to train, take the oath etc."

Said Valerio and Antonio nodded.

"So Antonio what do you specialize in?"

The guy smiled before he spoke.

"I'm very good with knives."

Said Antonio which caused Valerio to tense up. Everything reminded him of her, his queen who is now lost.

"Okay, let me just call my third in command, he will test you on your abilities."

After a little an awful looking Fiorenzo entered.

"You called,boss?"

Asked Fiorenzo. Antonio looked at them and wondered why they looked so tired.

"Please take this young man to the forest and inspect his knife throwing skills."

Fiorenzo nodded and signalled for Antonio to follow him. When they got to the forest a few other members were there looking angry but also sad. Some girls even shedding some tears while others were full on punching trees.

"If I don't sound nosey why does it look like all of you are grieving?"

Asked Antonio but was roughly pushed up against a tree by a furious Fiorenzo.

"Mind your own business,boy."

He said but was pulled back by Javier.

"Enzo calm down he doesn't fucking know."

Said Javier.

"Shut the fuck up Javier. It isn't his business, since you want to defend him you inspect his so called skills. He will never be as good at throwing knives as she was."

Said Fiorenzo and stormed off kicking a tree on his way back. All eyes were on Antonio and Javier most of them looking at the new recruit with hate and anger.

"Go back to what you were doing people and leave him alone."

They all listened to their underboss and went back to their job.

"Don't mind them and let's get to work."

Said Javier and Antonio nodded. After some time Antonio had displayed his full skills.

"You're pretty good but you need to work on your physical strength. If you want to be apart of this you need more muscle."

Just then Fiorenzo came back and all eyes were on him.

"The boss has called a meeting in the living room. "

He said and everybody including the two men followed him to the house. Valerio was standing on the stairs as the members were gathering.

"I have called this meeting to inform you that we will most likely have a new member. Antonio over there specializes in knives, I want you to treat him as your own. "

They all looked at Antonio who was standing next to Javier.

"Now I know you guys are grieving and I am too more then you know, but she wanted us to continue doing our jobs so that's what we will do."

Said Valerio and turned around and left. Soon enough everybody left and Antonio was left alone with Javier.

"What has happened?"

Asked Antonio who was very confused about the whole situation. Javier turned to him and his expression held sadness.

"We lost our queen."