Chapter 16

The five people have been in that office for two hours now.

"Enzo show me the note from the flowers again."

Said Katerina with her authoritative voice. This time the note was in English for everyone to understand.

"My little buttefly. I am coming for you. Just wait."

Xoxo Nikolai

"Such a large amount of flowers can't be flown from Russia."

Said Katerina and placed her index finger on her lips which indicated her thinking.

"Mariano get your hack team to search all flower shops nearby. Look through all the security cameras for any trace of the Russians."

Said Katerina sounding once again like a true leader.

"On it."

Said Mariano and hurried out the room.

"This bitch is smart."

Said Fiorenzo which earned him a small smack from Valerio.

"Enzo it was plain logic. We just weren't looking at it from the right angle."

After about twenty minutes Mariano re-entered the office with a tablet on his hand.

"The cameras show this guy come in. Katerina do you recognize him?"

Katerina's eyes fell out of their sockets. It couldn't be she had killed him, she shot him in the stomach. Fiorenzo looked at her with a questionable and worried look.

"Kat isn't that...?"

Katerina got up and threw the lamb that was sitting on Valerio's office to the ground. She let out a frustrated scream.

"Why can't somebody just stay the fuck dead?"

She yelled out. Javier, Valerio and Mariano were lost. Finally Fiorenzo decided to speak up.

"That's Elijah."

They were all shocked to say the least.

"Didn't you kill him?"

Asked Valerio, pretty confused with the whole situation.

"Yes I fucking shot him. Fuck it was all set up."

She said running a hand through her hair.

"What do you mean?"

It was now Javier's turn to speak up.

"They knew I was going to try and kill him. He must have been wearing a bulletproof vest or some shit."

Everybody was silent as Katerina continued to throw stuff. She was angry at herself, how couldn't she see it? Elijah never begged for his life while she killed him, he never said a word, he was just calm like he knew he wasn't going to die.

Valerio went and wrapped his arms around her in an attempt to comfort her. Right now she was going crazy. They thought they were done with surprises for at least today but a guy barged in. He was one of the guards.

"Boss we found a Russian outside of the warehouse. He is in a cell and says he will only speak to boss lady."

Katerina's head shot up. They wanted to play crazy. They wanted to make her go mad, but they forgot they can't beat the devil in his own game.

A sadistic smile spread across her face, no more anger breakdowns it was time she showed them who she really is. After all she really was a queen.

"Well dear boys it's time to play."

She said as she followed the guard outside. They were surprised at her reaction.

"Damn this girl really be bipolar."

Said Fiorenzo. However, her head was held high while she took long steps full of certainty. They got into the cars and after sometime they reached the warehouse. Another guard showed them to the Russian's cell. Katerina entered first just to be met with who else than Elijah himself.

She let out another laugh and moved forward, whereas Javier, Valerio and Fiorenzo were standing in the back of the room. Ready to intervene if needed.

"Oh dear Elijah you just couldn't stay dead, could you?"

She said and laughed a psychotic laugh once again.

"Katerina you look more beautiful since I saw you last."

"Well I can't say the same."

"You are so naive. Nikolai is coming to get you."

"He has been for some years now, anything new?"

She didn't wait for his response and started going over to the table where a variety of blades and knives were placed. She grabbed a gold blade and sliced his hand open.

"Where is he Elijah?"

"Fuck you bitch."

"Oh you can't talk? Well better make it permanent."

She got close to him opened his mouth and cut of his tongue.

"I really missed this Elijah, you know killing you."

She grabbed an axe they had and cut of his hand. Blood was now oozing from everywhere. Elijah's eyes were filled with tears while Fiorenzo and Javier wanted to throw up. On the other hand Valerio was smirking.

She had the axe in her hand as she circled around Elijah playing with it in her hands.

"You see Eli, a lot of things have changed. People respect me here, some even consider me their queen, furthermore I've been really frustrated these days. Then you appear just in time for me to let all my frustration out. Isn't it fantastic?"

Elijah was shaking now going back and forth in the chair he was tied in. Katerina was already filled with blood but she needed just a little bit more.

"You took away all the good in my life. You know what they say an eye for an eye."

She went in front of him and grabbed his eyeball and pulled it out while Elijah was letting out a muffled scream due to the absence of his tongue.

"Oh Eli, you are still alive. We are going to play a little game. You will choose my left or my right hand. One of them means I kill you instantly and the other means I take your other eyeball out and wait until you bleed out. Okay?"

She said in a happy voice. She shuffled a little her hands.

"Now choose."

With his remaining hand he pointed to her right hand.

"Oh silly me, I forgot to tell you, either one you choose means you will bleed to death."

With that she took his other eyeball out as the muffled screaming continued. She turned around and went through the door.

"Come on boys we have an introduction to make."