Chapter 10

Valerio was sitting in his office when his phone rang. It was an unknown caller which took him by surprise.

"Good evening Valerio. Nikolai's second in command here how are you?"

"What do you want?"

"A little birdie told me his precious butterfly is under your possession."

"Huh?"

"Katerina you idiot. The love of his life."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Open the door, I'm outside."

Valerio had no choice but to open his house door. They weren't ready for a war with the Russians. He called his maid to open the door for Alexander to enter and go into his office.

"Valerio nice to see you."

"I can't say the same."

"I should be the one to say that since you know our leader was murdered in your club."

"I didn't do it."

"I know our little precious diamond did. She does need to be punished."

"Don't talk about her like that."

"Awe you care about her. I'm sure she told you about our complicated relationship."

"You people share no connection with her."

"Again with the caring for her. Nikolai's little sister will not be happy that her future husband has feelings for another woman."

The door burst open and the two men were faced with an enraged Katerina.

"Her what?!?"

"And here she is. Oh Katerina how I have missed you."

Katerina pulled the gun she had hidden in her bra out and was ready to throw it but Valerio got in front of the man.

"Valerio get out of my way."

"Katerina if you want to kill him you have to get through me."

She was shocked and hurt but she quickly put her best poker face on.

"Is our little princess hurt? Didn't you learn not to trust mafia men?"

She was angry and hurt.

"Oh yeah Valerio? Then so be it."

She took a step forward but she couldn't do it. She turned around and ran. It was her speciality after all. She went into the garage and grabbed the keys to one of Valerio's cars. She got inside and started driving like a mad woman after she was far enough she left the car. She couldn't be traced.

It was a good thing she always had a burner phone with her. She quickly dialed Amara's number.

"Hello. Who is this?"
"Mar listen to me. I have to run, Valerio is most likely forming an alliance with the Russians. I have to run, you are the only one who knows how to find me. I know Javier will protect you no matter what. I love you more the anything, be careful."

With that she hang up the phone. She was going to Italy. Back to her dad's birthplace, she had a cousin there that nobody knew about. She hasn't talked to him in many years but she hoped he hadn't changed his address.

She boarded on a plane to Sicily right before she sat down she looked back. Would Valerio look for her? Would he even care?

Back in town Valerio was now alone at his living room. His tie was undone and he held a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"Why the fuck is my girlfriend crying saying it's your fault her best friend is gone?"

"Javier shut the fuck up. It's not any of your business."

"It is my fucking business. Where is she Val?"

"She's gone Javier. Poof she is fucking gone."

"What happened?"

"Alexander came by today. I didn't want to go to war so I let him in. He said something about Nikolai's sister, Katerina came in she saw him and heard what he said. I didn't let her kill him and so she ran. Nobody knows where."

Javier went over to him and punched him.

"You are an asshole, get your head out of your ass for once."

Valerio was looking at the floor now. He would never let anyone talk to him like that. However this time he knew his friend was right.

"I fucked up. Again. Why do I keep fucking up?"

"I know you usually don't do dating but this time I like to believe it's different."

"She is just so perfect."

"Nobody's perfect, you aren't either. She does care for you if she didn't she wouldn't react as bad. She is hurt and I don't blame her. Right now my girlfriend is too."

"I'm sorry. I really am."

"I'm not the one you should apologize to."

"I need to talk to Amara."

"Come she is in my room."

The men went upstairs to Javier's, they were faced with a crying Amara. Her hair was out of place, her mascara was messed up and she was holding her stomach going back and forth. When the door opened she looked at the two men.

"You motherfucker. How dare you show your face up here? You are the reason she left. You asshole I'm gonna kill you. She left again because of you. She left me, you made her leave me."

"I was protecting my empire."

"Fuck your empire. She never harmed them."

"Alexander came in today, Nikolai's second in command. I couldn't start a war."

"Oh my God you are so fucking clueless."

"Please just let me tell you what happened from my perspective."

"You aren't worth my time."

"Amara hear him out for just five minutes please."

Javier budged in.

"If you speak for even a second more then five minutes I'm going crazy."

"As I said Alexander came and I couldn't start a war. At least not right now. Alexander mentioned Katerina and something about Nikolai's sister. Then Katerina came in and she wanted to kill him and I didn't let her. After she left I punched him and told him that next time he comes I will kill him. Katerina was already gone."

"Why would she get upset over Nikolai's sister."

"Her name is Ivanna. After my parents were killed by hers, Vladimir her father tried to make peace by offering his daughter and me to be wedded."

"Did you agree?"

"No I never did. I despise them all, I want to destroy them."

"You will not find her. Katerina isn't found unless she wants to."

"Do you have any idea on where she might me I need to apologize."

"Search in Italy."

"Thank you, I promise if I get her back I will treat her like the queen that she is."