20

* Day After

It was the next morning and I was up at 8 a.m. The girls stayed another night with us and we were still taking care of the dogs for them. I had no texts for Caleb so I was really worried he didn't get to come home last night. I ran downstairs to ask.

"Good morn-" my mom started but I cut her off.

"Did Caleb come home last night?" I asked in a hurry.

"Oh yes he did. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. All of you were out cold and I didn't have the heart to wake you. He told me he they got home around 11:30 last night and the he texted me this morning that Caleb was doing okay. He said you could stop by if you wanted," I was so relieved to be hearing all of this.

I ran upstairs to wake everyone up so we could go see Caleb. I started with Annie and Austin and they were eager to get up, and then Hay also seemed really excited but at the same time sleepy. We all got dressed and walked over.

Katie opened the door and hugged all of us and the girls were so excited to see her again.

"Caleb's in his room so you can all go say hi, but no jumping girls he's still healing up," we nodded and were excited to just go run in his room and dog pile on him.

We all came in, "CALEB!!" we all yelled and he had a big smile to see of of us.

We ran over and sat on his bed. The girls and Austin gave him a small hug, and then I did. He showed up his scar from the surgery and it was actually a lot smaller than I thought.

"So what does it do?" Annie asked.

"Umm, to be honest, I don't know, but I think it's just to help with my heart beats so they're regular."

For the rest of the day, we all stayed over to keep the LeBlanc's and Caleb company since they were always there for us. Either watching t.v., playing Mario Kart. He had to take things easy so we lounged a lot. Oh, and played lots of Minecraft.

Later on, we ordered pizza and played some board games. I really wanted some alone time with Caleb just to let him know how much I love him and how proud I am of him for going through all of this at such a young age. But since Caleb is that amazing, I have to share him with everyone.

Later on that night, my mom, Austin and I had to go home, "Thank you for taking care of the girls and the puppies Claire, it means the world to us," Katie and Billy told us as we were leaving.

"Oh don't even mention it, the girls are like my other daughters, and we will always be here for you," We all hugged and then the girls and Cae came over to give us hugs too.

"FaceTime me tonight okay Ann?" Caleb asked me and I smiled. I finally got to have my Cae back.

2 hours had passed by and I was so busy watching YouTube I forgot to call Caleb, but luckily, he called me first just as I remembered.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Cae, I missed you," I said.

"It's okay, I figured you'd be watching YouTube or something. I missed you so so much, it was so boring there without you. It made me realize how much I need you."

My heart fluttered, "I need you too Caleb, a lot. You're my best friend and my everything. I wish I was able to keep you to myself and not let anything else hurt you," I was so close to tears.

"It's okay Ann, I'm alright, and I'll be okay. I have things to help me now with this. I promise I'll be okay. I love you," I smiled through my crying.

"I love you too Caleb."

The rest of the call we talked about more of his hospital stories and what we wanted to do when he started to heal and be okay again. It really does hurt to love someone this much. You feel like there's no one else in the world that could take their place, and they're you're whole other half. And having that feeling and threat of him being taken away is something I couldn't wish upon anyone.