2

*December 31st 2010  

Even after all of this time and being 8 now, Caleb has not talked about the kiss and I haven't brought it up either. He hasn't done anything else like that. He does put his arm around me or hugs me and calls me pretty but he's always done that, nothing like a cheek kiss.

I came downstairs and my mom was playing with Austin.

"Guess what Ann?!" Austin asked me excited running up to me.

"What buddy?" I asked sitting next him.

"Daddy's coming home on Saturday!" I jumped up and screamed and Austin matched my excitement and mommy came over and hugged us both.

"I was going to tell you but Austin wanted to more," she explained.

"So how long is he going to be here?" I asked.

"2 weeks, and we're going to have a joined Christmas and New Years with Caleb's family for your dad since he wasn't here," I was so excited to see my daddy again, and when he meets up with Caleb's daddy it's always so fun.

"I can't wait to tell Caleb!" I said jumping up and down again.

"Oh yeah also, Ms.Katie invited you over for dinner tonight at 6:00. From what she told me, it sounds like Caleb has something exciting to tell you, so you can both tell each other," I smiled and ran up stairs to pick out clothes. It was only 4 p.m. but I was so excited I couldn't wait.

After painful hours of waiting it was finally time to go over. My mommy did french braids and I wore my long sleeve pink sequins shirt from Justice, my denim skirt, white tights, and my black flats. My mommy didn't mind if I walked over by myself because we lived right next door.  I knocked on the door and Ms.Katie opened the door.

"Hi sweetie! It's so good to see you," she said giving me a hug and letting me in. I hugged her back tight.

"Annie can you go get your brother? Tell him Analyn's here, I have to cook still," she asked Annie.

"CALEB!" she yells at the top of her lungs making Winnie and Piper bark.

"I could've done that," Katie says and Annie laughs.

"CALEB COME DOWN HERE!" Annie yells again cupping her hands around her mouth.

"NO THANK YOU!" Caleb yell from upstairs in his funny high voice. We all laughed.

"ANALYN'S HERE!" she yelled again, then loud footsteps came closer and closer from the stairs. I see Caleb running towards me with his arms wide open. His body crashes on mine and we hug.

"Aww, ya'll are so cute," Katie says.

"Eww mom, stop. Girls are gross!" Caleb says in a funny voice, only this wasn't funny. That didn't help with the mystery of the kiss and  my new small feelings for him.

We played with Hayley, Annie, and Mr.Billy until dinner was ready. I was having so much fun I completely forgot about my big news, and I'm sure Caleb did too because he never said anything.

"Alright everybody, come sit!" Ms.Katie said, "Who wants to say grace?" she asked looking around.

"Nobody? Okay, I will," Mr.Billy said.

Katie made spaghetti and meatballs which was one of her specialities. Along with a salad and some bread, she definitely knew this was one of my favorite meals.

"Ugh thank you Ms.Katie this is so good!" I said with my mouth full.

"Ew Ann chew your food first will ya? But yeah thank you mommy," everyone also said thank you.

"Caleb your mouth was ALSO full!" I said with eye wides at him, we were always teasing each other.

"But it's gross when you do it, because girls have COOTIES!" we all laughed and Billy said, "Awh come on Caleb, we all know you want Analyn's cooties," while laughing and both of us made disgusted faces but inside I was smiling so hard.

"DADDY STOP IT I DO NOT THAT'S DISGUSTING!" Caleb stated firmly with red cheeks. Hm, maybe he was a little embarrassed.

For the rest of dinner we just talked and joked with each other. I was basically their 3rd daughter so nothing was ever awkward. After we were done Ms.Katie said, "Oh my goodness I almost forgot, Caleb tell Ann the big news!" she said gesturing to Caleb and his eyes lit up, as Annie and Billy were encouraging Caleb to tell me.

"So, Ann, we decided we're going to start a YouTube channel," I was really shocked because they've never mentioned anything like this or made it clear they wanted to do this but I was really happy for them.

"Wow really!? Have you filmed anything yet?" I asked excited.

"Yeah we filmed our first video today and we uploaded it."

"Caleb show her the video!" Annie asked tugging on his shirt and Caleb got red again.

"Nooooo I don't want to," he said smiling and acting nervous.

"Come on, eventually other people are going to see it. I know Nonnie already watched it," the whole family kept telling Caleb to show me and I actually really wanted to see it.

Caleb gave in and brought over the computer and brought the video up.

"Fine. Here," it was the sweetest thing, it was them at the park just doing goofy things and Caleb looked so adorable.

"My name's Caleb and I'm 8!" I said making fun of him in a friendly way and he punched my shoulder. I looked down and saw the name of the channel "Bratayely". I was confused because I didn't even know how to pronounce it.

"How do you say the name of the channel?" I asked, and when I looked up they were all staring at me smiling waiting to see my reaction.

"It's Bruh-tayley. Combination of brat and Hayley because she's a brat," Billy explained to me and I laughed, "I can't wait to see how she feels about that name when she gets older and knows what it means," I laughed.

"That's a future Hayley problem," Caleb said. I had completely forgot about my good news. I wanted to blurt it out but the video was still playing and I would've felt rude if I just interrupted. I let the rest of the video play and I still was interested but wasn't as into it as I had showed. I waited for a couple minutes after the video was over to not make it seem like I was waiting for it to be over.

"That was such a cute video I loved it, I can't wait until you guys make more. And wow it already has 10 views!" I said.

"Yeah those are from family members," Caleb laughed.

Katie got all the dirty dishes and Annie went to go help her and I knew right now was the time to tell them.

"Everyone, I also have some very good news I want to tell all of you," I said in a regal way and they all looked.

"Yes Ms.Analyn?" Katie said, I cleared my throat and stopped acting fancy and let my excitement go.

"MY DADDY IS COMING HOME NEXT WEEKEND!" I screamed and all of their mouths dropped open. He's been gone for a couples months now and he was like a daddy to the Leblanc kids too.

"Are you serious Ann?!!" Caleb, Katie, Billy and even Annie said, but all in different ways.

"Yes! He's staying for 2 weeks so he can spend another New Years and Christmas with us!" Caleb and Annie ran over and hugged me and we jumped up and down. Billy and Katie came over and all hugged us.

"I'm so excited to see Mr.Lucas, I missed him," Caleb said and everyone agreed with him.

"I'm so happy for you Ann, it's going to be so nice to see him again it's been TOO long!" Katie said hugging me tighter, "I know! We'll make a vlog when he comes back so we can the whole family on," it always made me feel warm when they referred to me or my family as their family.