13

*July 11th 2015

Caleb's 13th birthday was in a couple days and I was trying to plan the perfect gift for him. I wanted to write a note for him obviously because he always writes them for me. As for a real gift, I was clueless. I was looking around my room trying to remember if he said he liked anything in my room. I even looked through all of our memories on Snap trying to get ideas, and then I got the perfect one. I was going to make a scrapbooks of all of our memories. I was going to add stickers and any tickets anything from our memories.

My mom took me to Michael's and I got tons of things. A book, decorated paper, design scissors, baseball stickers and pool sticker (all the stickers), glitter glue lol, and all I needed to do now was go print out the pictures, so I went to Walmart for that. Since that takes a couple hours we went back home and I set out all my supplies so I'd be ready. In the meantime, I wrote him his letter.

To my Cae,

Happy 13th birthday Caleb. I am also so happy I get to spend today with you, and grateful that I've spent my entire life being your best friend. I'm blessed to have you and I care about you more than anything, never forget that. You're the most amazing person I've ever known. A handsome, sweet, selfless, incredible boy. Happy burfday Cae. <3

I was satisfied with it and set it next to my station set up for later. I killed the time on Instagram, replying to comments and liking posts. It was finally time to go pick up the pictures, so we went and then came straight back. I ran up to my room and blasted my music. I started cutting up the pictures when I got a FaceTime form Caleb, I paused my music.

"What do you want Cae, I'm doing your present right now!?" I said smiling. He smiled back.

"Ohhh, okay, well my mom invited you and over for dinner," I always loved going over for dinner, his mom was the best cook. I observed and thought about how much work I'd still have to do. I can finish tonight or tomorrow.

"Yeah sure! What time?" I asked, and his eyes lit up.

"Be here in like 20, and Austin's welcome too" he said.

"He's at a friend's house but thank you, see ya!"

"Bye bye!" he said, and we hung up.

I set my things off to the side so they'd be out of the way. I left my hair in it's curls with some barrettes, and put on my high waisted floral shorts with pink flowers, a pink crop top, and some brown sandals. I came downstairs.

"Bye mom, I'm going to the Leblanc's for dinner," I said.

"Okay have fun, love you," she said.

"Love you too," I said walking out the door.

I knocked and Cae opened the door, I walked in and we hugged. Katie saw me and put down her spoon she was cooking with and came over to give me a hug, and then Billy and the girls came to give me hug.

"Thank you for having me," I said smiling

"Of course doll anytime. Austin couldn't make it?" she asked.

"No he's at a friend's house," I said.

"Awe," Annie said sadly.

"Ooooo Annie's sad because her crush isn't here," Billy said trying to hug her.

"Nooo I don't like him, we're friends,"

"Sure you are Annie," Caleb said and we all laughed.

Katie made fettuccine alfredo with shrimp and broccoli and some fresh bread. YES. We all sat together talking and Caleb was next to me.

"So how are you guys all doing?" Billy asked, but we knew he was referring to my dad's passing.

"Um, you know we're good. There's not much we can do. We haven't heard a lot from his base but we're hopeful. We're all managing though, he wasn't around too much anyways so it's not a huge adjustment. And with you all helping me," I looked around and smiled at everyone, and Caleb rubbed my shoulder, "it's been a huge stress lifted off from all of us, and I know my mom and Austin, including me are beyond grateful for all of you."

Billy, Katie, the girls and Cae got up from their seats and came over to hug me. It was silent but we all knew what we were saying. They sat down and we carried our normal conversations. After dinner, Caleb and I went into his room and played some Minecraft. He giving me a turn to play and I could feel him looking at me. I looked over at him.

"What?" I said giggling.

"You're cute," he said bluntly. I felt my cheeks burning and I smiled.

"Haha, thank you Cae, so are you," he smiled and held my hand. I sat there for a few seconds.

"Um, Cae?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he asked. I tugged my hand.

"I need my my other hand," he quickly let go.

"Oh yeah, sorry," he said kind of embarrassed.

"Don't feel bad, I liked it," I smiled, and he smiled back.

I eventually went home. I was so tired I wanted to sleep and relax but I saw Caleb's present on the floor. I pulled myself from bed and decided to work on it a little, and try to finish it tomorrow.