19 pt 2

I didn't sleep at all last night, so when it was 7:00 a.m. I just decided to get up. My mom had never came to my room so on one hand, I'm glad because that means nothing happened, but on the other hand I'm worried because I need to know how he is. Hayley was still sleeping so I let her sleep and went downstairs. When I checked my phone, there was no notification which made me really upset, but I understood why.

It was only my mom on the couch when I came down, so I'm guessing Austin and Annie were still sleeping too. My mom looked up and smiled at me.

"Hi baby," she said softly and opened her arm so I could hug her. I came over and buried my head in her chest.

"I miss him mom, I want to make sure he's okay," I said starting to cry. She put down her coffee and hugged me with both arms.

"I know honey I know, I'm worried too. But I'm sure he's okay love. The doctors are doing all they can to help him, and Billy never called me in the middle of the night so I'm sure he's just resting. Just after my mom finished her sentence, the phone rang. It was Billy. My mom picked up immediately.

"Hey how is he?" my mom asked quickly. She put him on speaker.

"Um, he's okay. Just been sleeping a lot, but he's eating and taking his meds. They're planning on doing his surgery today, and hopefully coming home late tonight," I felt kind of relived.

"Is he talking at all?" I asked.

"Yeah a little. Again, he's just so tired so he isn't talking too much, but he did ask about you, and told me to tell you he loved your text you sent last night and that he's sorry he couldn't reply," I teared up.

"Oh haha, okay good I'm so happy. Tell him we all miss him a lot and that he better get well soon," I said and we both laughed.

"Well, he's open for visitors from 7:30 to I think 2 p.m. so you guys can come whenever," my heart fluttered, I was so glad I could finally see him again.

"We'll be there by 8 Billy," my mom said starting to get up.

"Okay, see you guys." and she hung up.

"Can you go try and wake up the kids?" my mom asked. I nodded and headed upstairs. My brother did not wake up easily and I knew Annie and Hay might be happy to wake up when they heard we were gonna see Cae.

I crept in quietly. They were both sprawled out and I thought "aww". I sat on the bed next to Austin.

"Come on bubs. Get up," they both moaned and groaned, "We're gonna go see Caleb," I said and Annie shot up. Austin got up too but a little slower, now for Hay.

I did the same approach, very dangerous game.

"Come on Hay Hay, we're gonna go see Caleb," I said in her ear and she groaned, but did get up. My mom came in.

"How about Annie and Hay come with me so they can get changed and ready, and I can take care of the dogs before we go?" my mom suggested and Hay agreed. She left to go tell Annie. Then it was time for me to get ready. I left my hair natural and put on a tank top and some Adidas shorts with flip flops. When I was about ready Austin came in all dressed and ready, and we decided to wait in the drive way for my mom and the girls.

Eventually they all came back.

"Ready?" my mom asked and we all got loaded up in the car and headed for the hospital.

We went straight to his room and Billy was sitting outside of it. Once he saw us he gave us all hugs and comforted his own daughters a little more of course. He informed us Katie was down in the cafeteria eating breakfast.

"Annie and Hayley can go first," I said and they went in. Once they came out, my mom and Billy tapped my back for me to go in. I appreciate how they understand that I prefer to see Caleb alone. I walked in and saw Caleb still laying there looking tired. He didn't look as bad as yesterday and that provided me with a little more comfort. He was watching tv, and once he saw me he smiled as big as he could and I smiled back. He patted the side next to him just like yesterday.

"Hi bubba," I said and he got up a little so I could give him a hug.

"Hi Ann. I missed you," he said, and I couldn't help but feel so sorry for him but that thought came out as a smile.

"I missed you so much too Cae. How are you?" I asked holding his hands.

"I'm better. Nervous about the surgery though. I just wanna see you and be with you again. It made me so sad I couldn't respond to your text last night. My parents just wanted me to sleep."

"You'll be okay I know you will, and then hopefully by tomorrow you'll be back at home resting and getting better. And don't worry about it, I figured that you couldn't," he just smiled at me.

"I love you Analyn, so much. Thank you for being with me during all of this. I know most people don't have to deal with this in the beginning of the relationship. I feel like I'm 85," he said and I giggled.

"I love you too Cae, more than anything. And don't even say thank you, I'm glad I can be with during all of this and you aren't alone. All you need to focus on is getting better," I said kissing his forehead. Katie walked in. She looked just as tired as Caleb, but understandably. She gave me a smile and came in for a hug, I hugged back tightly.

"How are you sweetie, it's nice to see you," she said.

"I'm okay, and it's nice to see you too. How are you?" I asked.

"Uh, you know just trying to make sure this poor boy gets everything he needs," she said looking at him the entire time, her hand on top of his other hand and gently rubbing his thumb. Caleb gave her a small smile. Billy came in and told me it was time for my mom and brother. I gave Caleb one more kiss on the cheek and told him I loved him and left the room. It felt a lot better leaving the room this time, knowing he was getting better and treated. Once my mom and brother were done, we decided we wanted to go eat. My mom invited the girls but they wanted to stay so we told them we'd be downstairs and they could come if they wanted.

After eating we went back up and checked on everything.

"So the doctors want to do the operation right now, they're ready. You can stay here or we'll call you when they're done and you can come back," Billy told us.

"We'll go walk around downstairs until he's done," my mom said. Billy nodded and we all gave hugs of good luck and we headed downstairs.

For about 20 minutes we just looked around at the gift shop, walked, went in the cafeteria, anything to pass the time. I was trying to stay positive, not only for myself but for the girls too, and I was positive, but I still had a lot of fear in me.

"Billy's calling," my mom said and answered, "Okay we'll be right up," she said and hung up.

"Is it done? Is he okay?" we all asked.

"Yes they're done," we walked up to his room and for the first time, all of us were allowed in.

I saw a sleepy Caleb laying there giving all us a small tired smile as we walked in.

"How you doin bubs?" I asked laying next to him.

"I'm good...haha," he said and I looked at Billy.

"His uh, 'funny gas' hasn't really worn off yet haha. He should be good after a nap."

We visited for a while until we decided to go home, and hopefully Caleb would be coming back home too later tonight.