10

* May 22nd 2015

My 13th birthday was tomorrow, and as excited as I was to be a teenager, these past few months have been rough. But with the unconditional love and support from the Leblancs, family, and Donnelly's it was okay for what it was. There wasn't too much word about my dad. All they said was that they would eventually send his belongings back to us, but nothing on his body which we planned on having cremated but having a memorial as well.

After I posted that video of explanation, everyone has responded fairly well and understanding but in terms of YouTube and social media, everything was basically back to normal. For Caleb and I, we were doing so well. We still weren't dating or too romantic. I didn't have much in me to be lovey and he wanted to be respectful. He did occasionally hold my hand or compliment me, same things he did when we were kids and that was good enough for me, I just loved having him back in my life full time.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for my birthday, nothing too expensive even though my mom kept insisting she didn't care; I did. I came downstairs that morning to the smell of french toast.

"Hello almost birthday girl," my mom smiled and Austin came over and hugged me, "I have an idea for your birthday party," my mom started and I sat down to listen.

"How about we invite all the friends over so Leblanc's, Donnelly's, and the Herz's," I felt uneasy hearing their last name. I loved Luke I was just still worried about Sydney, "And you could have a huge sleepover with all of them in the basement? I can order whatever you'd like," I did like this idea actually I was just unsettled.

"Yeah that sounds great mom," excitedly, she picked up the phone and started calling everyone. My entire family lived in Phoenix so it was hard to see them. We decided they should come out when we have the memorial service.

I texted Caleb.

A- My mom's having a big sleepover tonight for my bday, and she's inviting everyone. Including Bren's fam and Syd/Luke.

C- okay sounds fun! and you'll be okay, I'll be there for you if anything happens. I'm sure you'll be fine tho

A- thank you cae, see you tonight

C- see ya <3

A- <3

I spent most of the day cleaning my room, the bathroom, and laying things out in the basement for tonight. I went up in my room and changed into my lacy white tank top, and some baby pink cloth shorts. I again left my hair in natural waves, I've been doing that a lot lately and I'm really loving it. My mom informed me that Austin would be apart of it too. I didn't mind since he was a little older and pretty mature, and he enjoyed playing with Ryan, Annie and Hay. I decided I would invite Liv too since she was apart of Annie's group and she was a sweet girl. I sat on the couch for the remainder of the time. I was messing my fingers out of nervousness and in only about 15 more minutes, at least the Leblanc's would be here, maybe it'll calm my nerves to have them here first.

There was a knock on the door, and I could see blurry curly brown hair and knew it was Cae. I ran over and opened the door.

"HAPPY ALMOST BURFDAY ANALYN!" Caleb yelled while yanking me in for a hug and I laughed, I loved how he said burfday. Hay and Annie said happy birthday and joined in the hug.

"Awe, thank you so much guys!" I said grabbing their present bags and my mom and Austin said hi to them.

I guided them downstairs and showed them the sleeping quarters for the night and they really loved it. Caleb was messing around jumping on all the blankets and they rolled out their sleeping bags.

"It's Ann's burfday and we're gonna sleep in hererere..." Cae kept singing with his voice cracks, and he kept tackling Annie and Hayley. I loved how he always got overly excited for things and situations with him always end up like this. We walked back upstairs and I saw the Donnelly's sitting on the couch and hugging Austin.

The all turned their heads, "Happy birthday Analyn!" they all said while hugging me.

"Thank you so much guys it's so nice to see you," and then Bren walked over to me.

"Bren.." I said quietly and giving him a hug.

"Happy birthday Ann," it was friendly and felt nice not being completely awkward.

"What would you like for dinner birthday girl," my mom asked.

"No no Ms.Claire it's burfday," Caleb interrupted, we all laughed.

"Ohhhh, my apologies, what would you like for your dinner BURFday girl," my mom said and Caleb laughed.

"Um..I want pizza. I feel like everyone likes that?" I looked around for approval and everyone nodded. While my mom was ordering the pizza we were still waiting on the Herz's, and I was dreading it so much.

Caleb saw it in my face and I sat on the couch, Caleb followed.

"You'll be fine! I told you if anything happens, I'll be here and I'll say something to her," he rubbed my shoulder and I gave him a small smile.

We were all down in the basement setting up and my mom is that the top of the stairs.

"Ann, Syd, Luke, and Liv are here!" Everyone ran upstairs but Caleb and I.

"Come on Ann, let's go," he guided me slowly upstairs.

We made it up there and there she and Luke were, her and I locked eyes.