5 pt 2

In the small white box lied a silver ring and a folded piece of paper. I picked up the ring and it had a small infinity symbol on it, I slid it on and it fit perfectly. I opened up the note:

To Analyn,

Happy Valentine's Ann. I know we haven't talked as much as we used to be I still care about you a lot and I want the best for you. You're still my best friend and I hope you haven't forgot about me quite yet. Anyways, I hope you like the ring. It's supposed to mean no matter what I'll be there for you forever, I hope it's not to cheesey lol.

- Cae

My hand covered my mouth and I held the note close to my chest with tears gently rolling down my cheeks, "I love you Caleb," I whispered to myself. Wait. No. I didn't say I love him, I mean I could've meant that in a friend way. I don't even know. I loved the ring a lot, it's the sweetest thing he's ever done for me, and I completely forgot all about Brennan...

I texted Caleb thanking him for the ring and the note and how much I loved it. I also told him how still care for him and we'll always be best friends. I'm sure he sees this strictly as a friend thing, but wow what would Sydney think if she knew about this, or does she?

* Caleb's POV

I really wanted to give Analyn something for V-Day, because I know we haven't really been attached like we normally are. I've been busy with baseball, YouTube, and Sydney. I do like Sydney but I don't know, something always kept pulling me back to Ann. Which I felt bad about because it's unfair to Syd. She's like a sister to me and part of me feels awkward about all of this. I can tell she really wants me and she's always flirting and sometimes I go along with it but it's all so cloudy.

I know that Ann's also been a lot closer with Brennan. I mean, good for them, they're both amazing people and Ann deserves someone like Brennan to treat her like a princess, which is what I haven't been doing. It hurt when she told me she had plans with him, she hasn't really told much about them so maybe it was just a friend thing, I hope.

I had that ring with me for a long time , but I never knew when to give it to her. I decided now would be the best because it could be the thing to re kindle us, but I was probably stupid for thinking that and a note would help. But I dropped it off anyways. Sydney didn't know but I'm sure she wouldn't have minded, she knows Ann and I are best friends.

I had received a text from Ann about how much she loved the ring and the note, and she told me too about how she still cared and wanted to be best friends with me. I was so happy and smiling so hard. This could be my hint that she wants to be more than friends now. Since we're getting older and all that. I felt pretty confident about everything when I went to sleep in hopes that maybe Analyn and I could be a thing again.

* Analyn's POV

I had felt terrible about forgetting about Bren, amidst all of the Caleb things. I had stayed up pretty late and it was around 2 am. I decided to post a pic of Brennan and I confirming that we were official. I know Bren would love it and so would all of the Brenlyn shippers. I kind of hesitated for Caleb though. I wasn't sure how he'd take my text about the ring. If he saw it as I want to be more than friends. He has Syd though so I'm sure he brushed it off.

I took the pic of us together and added the caption: Brennan and I are official, happy valentine's honey <3

I smiled to myself and I drifted off to sleep.