8

All throughout the night I kept waking up and having nightmares, it was only 3:30 am. I was so desperate to talk to someone or just have someone. I tried waking up Austin but he was so deep in sleep and I wanted to let him rest. I looked down at my hand and came to the realization of who I really needed right then. My best friend Cae. Not the boy I liked once, my best friend.

I FaceTimed him, and I wasn't going to be surprised if he didn't pick up, but he actually did.

"Hi Ann," he said softly. It felt so comforting to hear his voice.

"Hi Cae, I'm sorry to wake you up," I said.

"No no I've actually been up. I couldn't sleep at all, I kept thinking about you," my stomach felt a couple butterflies and I smiled to myself.

"I need to talk to you. I need you right now," I was just asking to talk but,

"I'll come right now, set up the bench and blankets outside," and with that he hung up. I was excited to see him but nervous too because he still thinks the post was meant for him.

I did exactly as he told me to and I sat on the bench and waited for him. I had my big fuzzy robe on. It was easy for him to come over in the backyard because we basically shared one. I heard some crunching behind and he came from behind and kissed my head, he's so sweet.

"Hi Ananlyn," he said while pulling me in for a long tight hug. I burst into tears and I really didn't even mean to but he hugged me even tighter. I loved the smell of him, it smelt like home and his arms were so comfortable.

He giggled a little, "I like your robe," I giggled back while sniffling.

"Caleb there's a lot I want to talk to you about and I'm not sure I have all the words to give you the explanation you deserve," I said.

"It's okay," he said grabbing my hands. He looked down and saw I had the ring on and smiled, "I see you're wearing the ring," I smiled back.

"You're my girlfriend now and I will always be here to listen," it broke my heart to hear him say that because...it wasn't true and I hadn't told him.

"Look Caleb, I do care about you with all of my heart but that post, wasn't meant for you," his face dropped. I explained everything the best way I could. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do. He looked extremely disappointed but he got what I was trying to say.

"Oh," was all he got out slowly pulling his hands away, "I understand Analyn. I just feel really stupid now," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"No, please don't. I'm the one who should. I lost my boyfriend after not even 24 hours and now I have to explain to the world what happened," I pulled out my phone and deleted the picture.

He didn't say much after that, I knew he was embarrassed but I was too. He pulled me into his chest and kissed my forehead. I was starting to wish that post was about him now.

We lied there for about 30 more minutes until he decided we should go home.

"I'll come over with my family tomorrow okay? Don't worry about Brennan, if he doesn't want to understand what happened then he isn't anyone you need. But I'm sure he'll text you at least," Caleb told me.

"Yeah he isn't anyone I need, but you are Caleb. Good night," I said with a smirk and kissing his cheek. I didn't even wait to see his face and I walked back inside.