34🌸.

Song - Wrong Direction by Hailee Steinfeld .

Love me with your worst intentions
Didn't even stop to question
Every time you burned me down
Don't know how, for a moment it felt like heaven
Love me with your worst intentions
Painted us a happy ending
Every time you burned me down
Don't know how, for a moment it felt like heaven...

~~

@briggiter has to my favorite reader today . So I'm giving you guys a third chapter because of her . Love you guys and please have mercy on Emma. Y'all insult her too much. 😂😂

~~

He let go of me quickly and turned around. " For Fuck sake, Emma. You cannot work for Jake Hartley. He turned back and his Adam's Apple bobbed. " You don't even need to work at all. You can just stay here and..."

" And keep being your nanny right?" I cut him off.
" You want me to stay at home and not go to work like some house wife. Well I'm not . I love working. I have a dream I want to fulfill and I thought you understood this ."

Sincerely I don't have anything against women who want to stay home and not work but I really wanted to work. I wanted to do justice to my college and master's degree. Why was this so hard for Logan to get? I thought he had changed his mindset about this.

He rubbed the back of his neck slowly. " It's not like that. I just don't see why you want to work when I have the means to provide everything we need. You don't ever have to work."

I took a step back feeling like Logan and I had moved one hundred steps backwards in our relationship. I really thought we had moved on from this. I mean we spoke about this in Minnesota.

" That's the exact reason why I want an occupation. I don't need you to provide anything for me. I want to be able to provide whatever I need for myself and by myself. I still have to pay you back for paying all my family's bills and this job would help me do that faster."

" Angel, I don't need your money. I don't need you to pay me back . What I did was out of my love for you. Can't you see it?"

" But we agreed that I would pay you back the money." I was growing angry by the moment. Logan was just being too impossible right now. " Ugh, I had a feeling you were gonna do this."

" Do what?" He frowned.

" Tell me not to pay you back." I answered almost immediately.

" Well that's because you don't have to." Logan three his hands in the air. " For Pete's sake you're my girlfriend!"

I really couldn't believe Logan was saying all of this just so that I wouldn't work for Jake. After he agreed to let me work. Well I've come to the realization that I don't even need his permission. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm my nerves. " Logan," I began slowly. " I'm going to take that job whether you like it or not."

" Fine. If you really want to work that bad. I'll get you a job at Ross Mobile. I'll give you any position you want. Just name it." He offered desperately.

Was he for real? Did he really think I would jump at the offer of working in his office? No way. Maybe if I wasn't in a relationship it would have sounded like the greatest idea on earth but not now that I'm affiliated with him. I wanted my own independence.

" There's no way I'm working in your company. Next thing you know, news on how I got a job in your company just because I'm your girlfriend would circulate the media . Thanks but no."