Chapter Eighteen- The Last Of Us

We made a deal. We kill the group of people who were ruling over the Hilltop then we can have food, medicine, and a lot more. We become mutuals and we have faith in Gregory's word. We did just that. We took out an entire group in one night. They had scavengers who took Carol and Maggie but, in the end we got them out safely. we came to find out, that wasn't all of them. They called themselves the Saviors they weren't good. They were evil, and ready to kill us. At every corner they were there. We started a war, and personally I don't think we'll be able to finish it. Maggie got sick, very quickly. One day she was fine the next she wasn't. Now, here we are packing up to go to the Hilltop. Daryl didn't like the idea of me going out without him knowing, but I did anyway. Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, Morgan, Rosita, and Carol were gone. They were looking for Carol. She'd disappeared and we went on a mission o find her. Liam was left in Olivia and Gabriel's care, he was almost twelve. His marksmen ship was outstanding. Carl has been teaching him while Daryl and I were out. When I had the chance I'd take him out, but the level of shooting he had hit was past my level. Before we got on the road I told Liam to protect Alexandria. Judith was his most important person. That he will protect Judith at all costs. We got on the road the entire group of us, Abraham, Sasha, Eugene, Rick, Aaron, Carl, Maggie, and myself. On the way there were constant stops on every route we took. Saviors in every stop. I stayed in with Maggie to protect her. We decided they had numbers. More than us. One road block caught my attention. I got out with the group. Walkers were all chained together to block our route. I got out with my rifle and noticed arrows sticking out of one walkers chest. I knew who's they were.

"Those are Daryl's." I whispered as I saw them. I pulled them out of of the walker and pushed them into my side, on the belt loop.

"That's Michonne's." Sasha pointed out a dreadlock on another walkers head. Suddenly open fire landed at our feet. We ran back to the RV after Rick cut us a way through. I fired up the hill to hopefully hit someone. We drove and got going. We hit a bridge where wood was piled up and set on fire when we got there. We turned around again. Eugene came up with a plan for himself to stay with the RV and the rest of us take Maggie to the Hilltop.

"I'll stay. Eugene can't do this alone." I looked at Rick and he nodded. "You make damn sure Maggie gets to the doctor. Alright?"

"Alright." Rick took my arm, I took his. He pulled me into a hug and I smiled.

"Go. I'll see you again." I smiled and got in the RV. Eugene has a short conversation with Rick and followed me in. I turned it back on and we hit the road. "That wasn't goodbye."

"That very well could have been. Assuming that we are driving right on into a death trap." Eugene said as he looked at me with half a smile.

"Thank you." I smiled and took his hand in mine. "Even though you lied, you got us here Eugene." I squinted and saw Saviors in front of us, behind us, all around us. I turned off the RV and looked at Eugene. "You ready to fight?"

"For Maggie." Eugene nodded at me and I smiled.

"For Maggie." I grabbed my rifle and popped my neck. I kicked open the door and was hit the second I did. I fell to the ground and blacked out. When I opened my eyes I was on my knees next to Eugene with blood down the front of me. I looked around to see men all around, everyone who had left us to go save Maggie was now getting on their knees in front of a man as well. I felt someone grab my arm and pull me up and over by Eugene who was moved in front of the RV. I was pushed back onto my knees. I looked up at Rick and shook my head. I swallowed my fear and held my head high. My ears were ringing. Every second felt like I was going to die. The man started talking again.

"Dwight. Chop-chop." A man with a messed up face opened the door to a van not far from us. I looked and saw Daryl bloody in a blanket.

"Oh my god." The world froze. When I saw him in that shape I choked. My stomach started hurting and my heart sped up and I almost screamed. I wiped my forehead and was shaking terribly. I looked at my hand and could barley focus on it. The ringing grew louder and louder. I couldn't understand what the man was saying. All I could do was watch. I watched as another man in a leather jacket with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire came out of the RV. Closed my eyes and fell forward. I lifted a hand to my head where it was stinging and came down bloody. I slowly lifted my head and looked at Daryl. He was watching my every movement. His face told me he was scared. More scared than I've ever seen him. The world started tuning into what was going on in front of me.