Chapter Six- I'm not ready

If you read my previous books then you know that this- ⚠️⚠️ -means there is a sex scene or sensitive topic up ahead. Be aware!

*****

Daryl's POV

There she is. Sitting so calmly, peacefully, gently. Writing in that damn notebook. For a second time today. After Carol ripped our asses apart earlier accusing us of sleeping together. I just stormed out taking Y/N with me. For some reason it was habit, like I had to. I don't know, Y/N told me to write down my thoughts. When we got up to our cell she handed me a small stack of paper and just told me to write. So here I am. What am I even supposed to write? With her sitting next to me all I can think about is holding her hand, kissing every single freckle on her body, cuddling with her while she has one of those panic attacks, I don't know. It's like she fills my mind. Like she knows how to make me feel every single second of the day. I'm afraid for her to see me without my shirt. The scars. The switch marks across my back, the scars on my stomach. I think she'd vomit. Maybe scream. She's not weak but, it's happened before. Fuck you too dad. The pen clicking. I can hear Y/N gently clicking her pen as she thinks. Her foot taping with the click, I doubt she's done writing. Unless she's reading over it.

"You done?" Y/n leaned over and tapped me on the shoulder. I looked and nodded. "Are we sharing?"

"No." I quickly crumbled the piece of paper and threw it into the garbage can on the ground. Y/n tore hers out and did the same. I stood up and laid down on the bed.

"No sleeping. You take forever to wake up." Y/n hoped next to me instinctively laying her head on my chest.

"We can both sleep." I smiled and for some reason I got nervous. My heart skipped a beat looking at her.

"If we both-" A yawn interrupted her sentence sending me laughing. "Oh shut up." Y/n gently cuddled into my chest. I didn't realize my hand was on her back rubbing it until I already was. She fell asleep so fast, so silently, so gracefully. I let her sleep for a long time, maybe an hour, maybe three, but before I knew it it was almost sundown. Y/n finally woke up, with a yawn.

"Mornin'." I chuckled as she sat up.

"How long did I-" She looked around and saw it was bright in the cell anymore. "You let me sleep all day!"

"Well, I really couldn't with your aggressive snoring." I chuckled and sat up with her. She smacked my arm with a laugh.

"I do not snore." Y/n tried not to laugh. I nodded. "We can take night watch. Let's go." She was already out of the bed and ready to go before I could protest.

"Who's on watch now?" Y/n and I walked to the guard tower and she thought for a moment.

"Carl and- oh what's her name?" She tapped her foot while she opened the door. "That black girl, really pretty, sword..." Y/n followed me up the stairs as she made a snapping noise with her hand.

"Michonne?" I chuckled and Y/n squealed. I knocked on the trapdoor and Carl opened. I smiled and he let us up. "She slept all day, we can take watch tonight."

"Awesome. Thanks Daryl." Carl glared at Y/n. I lifted the trap door and he started down.

"Hey Carl." I stopped him real quick. He looked up at me. "Shes okay. Let your dad know we are on watch, whoever is after us too." I nodded and Carl and for some reason he smiled and nodded at me. I dropped the hatch and locked it.

⚠️⚠️

As I stood up from locking the hatch Y/n was looking at me. I smiled but, her face didn't lift.

"What's on your back?" Her voice quivered and shook. I swallowed hard and looked down. "Daryl."

"Scars." I mumbled. Y/n slowly pulled up my shirt from the bottom and I grabbed her wrists stopping her. "No."

"Daryl..." The sweetness in her voice made me let go. She took off my shirt and looked at my scars. Her fingers slowly traced the marks, I trembled. "How?"

"My dad. He would take the willow sticks off the tree, when we didn't listen he-" I felt a hand take mine. Y/n was genuinely concerned. She cared. "He'd whip us."

"I'm sorry." She tightened her grip on my hand. I found myself kissing her. Slowly laying her down onto the mattress. Her hands through my hair, my hands through hers. I wanted to kiss every freckle, sun spot, everywhere, every single spot on her body I wanted. I put my hand up her shirt, the minute hers touched the edge of mine I panicked and jumped off her. "Did- did I do something?"

"No! No! Not at all, I just- I..." My thoughts flew around in my head like no ones business. The scars on my back scared me. The image of my father whipping me with a switch. The way he'd yell and scream. "I'm not ready."

"Okay." Y/N's voice was soft and kind. She smiled at me with her heart lining her eyes. I studied her face in awe. Why isn't she pushing? I thought to myself. "I'm not going to push."

"Okay, now. Have you ever taken watch before?" I smiled at her and she shook her head. I grinned and grabbed the binoculars. "Okay so, just watch."

"Daryl, I've been doing that sin-" I covered her mouth and shook the binoculars for her to take. She rolled her eyes and took them. She gently placed them to her eyes and looked through them at everything around. "Wow. So pretty."

"Sarcasm isn't needed." I squinted at her and we both laughed. We both smiled and she gently took my hand actually looking out into the world.

***

Authors note

I am so so so so so sorry I didn't update for a week. I've been busy with homework, and I started a One-Shot series with another TV series (the one hundred) I'll update as quick as I can. Love y'all!

Stay safe!