Chapter Tweleve- Red Handed

Almost two years later

Beth is dead, Tyrese is dead, Eugene lied, the church is overrun, DC is a dead end, and Liam is getting bigger. We'd been walking for days when, a man. Aaron. He brought us to his community. That's where we are. A tour of a great big community where it seems almost utopian. Rick sent us all to go clean up. Get used to everything. Deanna, the boss, wanted each of us to sit and talk to her. My talk was- strange. None the less.

"Y/n, right?" Deanna looked at me and I nodded. "What did you do before the world ended?"

"Does it matter? My survival skills versus my domestic skills are unimportant." I sighed and looked around. I saw everything there was to have. It made me uneasy.

"Here, it matters." Deanna looked at me suspiciously. I sat up higher in my seat and looked at her.

"I didn't keep one job, I've been a little bit of everything. A nurse, a pharmacist, babysitter, mechanic, you name it I've been it. Hunted with my dad when I was little, fished, I spent my childhood in the woods and the river." I leaned back and looked at Deanna. I debated on mentioning Lillian or Liam, it'd be to late now.

"What about your son? Liam?" Deanna read my mind. I chuckled. "When did you learn how to parent?"

"Liam isn't my biological son, I basically adopted him. I learned from my sister, I had maybe have a niece. She was nine when she disappeared. I guess some things don't leave you." I looked at my hands and sighed. I fiddled with my hands and let out a huff of breath.

"Did she disappear before or after?" Deanna looked at me curiously.

"After. She's a year older than Carl now, about fifteen maybe sixteen." I swallowed and looked down. Deanna asked a few more questions, all about my family, my new family. I explained how I found them. How I've known Rick longer than I've known anyone else. How Daryl is my boyfriend, and everything else about everyone. After both Daryl and I were done talking to Deanna we walked back to the house we were all staying at that night. Rick and a few others were the only ones to clean up.

———
A few days later

"I'm fine. It's my dust layer." Daryl chuckled as I attempted to push him into the bathroom.

"You need to smell clean. If we are sticking around we are all going to smell good. Your dust layer isn't going to fly with me." I groaned as Daryl picked me up. "Put me down Dixon. I'll end you!"

"You can barely pick me up." Daryl flopped us around and set me in the bathroom. It was obvious he was feeling more flirtatious than normal.

"I could pick you up if I wanted. I could also hold the shower head over you. That would clean you." I laughed while I opened the shower door and grabbed the shower head. Daryl closed the door and got ready.

"More would get on you instead of me." Daryl was being way to calm. I held the hose and before I could do anything Daryl shut the shower door and I gasped.

⚠️⚠️
"Fine, I'll just take my shower now then." I hung the shower head back up and took off my shoes. I went to open it back up and Daryl stopped me. I looked up to see a crack and tossed both my shoes out of it. I pulled off my shirt and did the same.

"Y/n, are you really going to be like this?" Daryl's face was bright red. I laughed and nodded. He opened the door and peeked in.

"You are just going to shower in front of me, no questions?" Daryl made sure I couldn't get out. I watched his eyes and nodded.

"You could join me, but that's up to you." I smiled. Daryl's face scanned me. As I watched his eyes the water turned on. Daryl knew is fall for it. I gasped as the cold water hit my skin. "Oh my god!" I squealed and swung the shower door completely open. He didn't expect me to pull him into the shower with me. I laughed as he shut the door behind him. "You're a jerk."