Chapter Five- Prison

Day 198

I kissed Daryl. Daryl kissed me. Is that something huge? Am I overreacting? Are my girl hormones freaking out because of a fucking kiss? I don't know, but I'm obviously crazy. It was just two kisses, nothing more. Right? I don't know. Maybe he just wants someone to sleep with, and I'm the only one who will put out? No. Daryl isn't like that. That would be messed up. Very, very fucked up. Daryl wouldn't do that- right?
Anyway, I think I like it here. Although, I don't know if Rick actually likes me. When he sees me he eyes me like he wants to snap my neck. Although, I he looks familiar. Something about him reminds me of the last time I went to jail or maybe when I was in prison. Maybe he arrested me? Maybe that's how he knows me. That would make sense. Sheriff Grimes and Sheriff Walsh, names sound familiar but, I don't see Mr. Dickhead around here, so I doubt it.
I'll try to talk to people today. Promise.

I walked into the cafeteria and saw T-Dog and Carol talking. T-Dog waved at me motioning for me to come over.

"Good morning." Carol smiled at me and I nodded. "I forgot you don't speak."

"You talk to Dixon though." T-dog smiled and I nodded again. "Who else have you talked to?"

"Don't pressure her to speak," Carol slapped T-Dogs arm and I raised an eyebrow at her. "Yes?" I thought for a moment. I pointed at her and made a baby cradle with my arms.

"You asking if she's a mom?" T-dog questioned me. I nodded. Carol swallowed and nodded as well.

"Sorry for your loss." I whispered and they both looked at me shocked. I smiled and shrugged. "Daryl and you two, now by the way." I scrunched my nose and fiddled my hands together.

"You sound nothing like I imagined." T-Dog looked me up and down nodding. I raised an eyebrow and shrugged. "In a good way."

"Is Daryl up?" Carol ignored the topic and looked at me. I shook my head no and looked around to see Hershel walking in with Beth and the baby.

"Y/n," Hershel's voice had me turn around and he smiled. "Come here for a second." I waved at T-Dog and Carol quickly walking over to Hershel.

"Y/n, can you hold Judith for a second?" Beth smiled at me and I nodded taking the baby and awkwardly holding her in my arms.

"Why don't you talk? I've seen you talking to Daryl, but why no one else?" Hershel looked at me as he sat down and reached his arms out for Judith. I handed her to him and grabbed my notepad from my back pocket.

I haven't seen or spoken to anyone in a very long time. Daryl just makes me feel safe.

I showed Hershel the notepad and he nodded.

"Rick doesn't like you, thinks you're the wrong side of good." Beth interrupted us and I shrugged. I took a deep breath.

"He's got opinions too." I managed to whisper and I felt stronger for it. I smiled and Hershel smiled too. Like he knew I would speak.

"Y/n, can you go grab Daryl for food?" Carol called to me and I nodded. As I was about to step out Rick was walking in. I put my head down and let him past. For some reason I felt like he hated me, it just dropped into my stomach. I walked up the steps and to Daryl and I's cell. He was passed out in the bottoms bunk.

"Daryl?" Nothing. "Daryl?" I gently put my hand on his shoulder and he groaned. "Carol says you need to come eat."

"No," Daryl rolled over to face me. I smiled and he held his eyes open only slightly. "I don't want to."

"She might stab you if you don't." I shrugged and stood straight taking my hand off him.

"I don't want to." Daryl looked at me and I leaned back on the nightstand. I sighed.

"C'mon hurry up and get up." I shrugged and Daryl slowly sat up.

"Come help me up, my legs are kinda sore." Daryl extended a hand and I took it only to be pulled right onto the bed and into his chest.

"Daryl!" I laughed out and he did too. "We have to g-" I was interrupted by Daryl's lips on mine. I raised my eyebrows and fell into it.

"We have to what now?" Daryl smiled and I shook my head.

"Get up, as much as I love this," I pointed between us. "Carol will stab us."

"Just a few more minutes?" Daryl pouted and i cupped his cheeks slowly bringing our faces back together.

"Just-" I kissed him again. "A few-" again. "Minutes." Daryl flipped himself underneath me and I held onto his face kissing him. I heard someone clear their throat and I jumped off Daryl. Hitting my head on the top bunk. I bit my lip and Daryl looked at my head then to the voice.

"Good to know this is happening." It was Rick. I mentally slapped myself and looked at him with my eyebrows up and lips sealed tight. "Carol asked me to come get you two. Apparently one-" Rick glared at me. "Isn't enough."

"Okay, we'll be down." Daryl stayed calm and I knew I was bright red. I covered my face and sighed.

"I'll be waiting right outside for you two. I'll walk you down." Rick raised an eyebrow at me and I mentally yelled at myself. He slipped out of the doorway.

"You okay?" Daryl took my hand and looked at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shook my head and laughed a bit. "He really does not like me."

"Wait- you don't know?" Daryl looked at me confused. I raised an eyebrow and shook my head.

"No?" I looked at Daryl and he sighed.

"Rick!" Daryl called him back in and I turned red again.

"What?" He poked his head in and ignored me completely.

"You didn't tell her?" Daryl looked at Rick and he shook his head. "She should know."

"It doesn't matter." Rick about walked out and I looked between the both of them.

"If someone doesn't fill me in I'll throw shoes at both of you." I huffed and they both laughed a bit and I pulled a shoe off my foot. "I'm not joking."

"Rick's the guy who arrested you, before all this." Daryl nodded and I laughed.

"Why are you laughing? You went to prison yourself." Rick shook his head at me and I laughed harder.

"You arrested me? That's gold, I end up with the sheriff who sent me to prison." I laughed even harder. "The only reason I went to prison was because an officer asked if I wanted 'early release' for a little fun with him. Kicked his ass- sent me to prison for assaulting an officer, false accusations, and used the whole running from the cops thing against me."

"That's why we arrested you?" Rick dropped his jaw and held back a smile.

"Yeah, I didn't do much. Ran from the cops, I was higher than hell on something probably-" Daryl covered my mouth and raised his eyebrows at me. I shrugged and raised my eyebrows too.

"We were told you were a suspect from the robbery down the street." Rick shrugged and extended a hand. "Well, I apologize for being a dick."

"I apologize for running." I shook his hand with a smile. "Okay, I think Carol might actually kill us now."

"Let's go." Daryl looked at me and I smiled slightly red just by being near him. I stood up and put my shoe back on. We left the cell and I felt lighter, more talkative.