Chapter Ten- Praying For You

We waited, making small talk here and there. Every time they delivered us food is beg for Liam to leave. To have a chance and be in the sunlight. Be with people. They didn't let up. Two days went by until we were told to go to the fleet side and put our faces against the wall. Liam stood in front of me. I didn't think he needed to be witness to anything happening. We heard people coming inside, one at a time, exactly like we did. When the door closed we all turned around and saw exactly who we'd been expecting. Rick. Except there were more friendly faces to surprise us. My eyes scanned, I saw Daryl and smiled from ear to ear.

"You-" Daryl started to talk but, I cut him off. I pulled him into a hug. He huffed me back and I smiled bright. "You're alive."

"You're alive." I smiled and let go of him, I cupped his cheeks while he held onto my waist. "I was scared you were gone for good."

"Y/n?" Liam's sleepy voice caught my attention I turned around and picked up Liam. "Who's here?"

"Mr. Rick, Ms. Michonne, Carl, and Mr. Daryl." I bounced Liam a bit and faced him towards everyone. Liam yawned and nodded.

"You have a kid?" Daryl's face dropped in awe. I chuckled and shook my head.

"This is Liam. He was in the prison with us, sneaking around without us knowing. Someone brought him in. No one knew where he came from. No one on the bus at least. He is my little side kick." I chuckled and set Liam down. He held a big smile on his face proud of me.

"Well, I guess I could get used to him." Daryl scruffier Liam's nasty hair. I chuckled.

"They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out." Rick looked out the crack of the container. We all sat in silence.

"Find out what?" Abraham spoke up. Rick looked back and I gripped Daryl's hand.

"They're screwing with the wrong people." Rick kept looking out the crack. Silence filled the container. We all started creating weapons out of our clothes. I had the knife which was extremely helpful. We were more than ready to kill every single person in this camp. It wouldn't be hard. Not a single bit. Everyone shared their story of getting there. Daryl was with Beth. She was taken, but he lost the trail. Maggie searched high and low for Glenn. Abraham was going to D.C. Eugene was smart and supposedly had the cure. No one said anything until Daryl called out.

"Four of them pricks coming our way." Daryl took the knife and I held Liam on my waist ready to run.

"Remember, Go for their eyes first." Rick reminded everyone and I nodded. The roof swung open and we all looked up.

"Put your backs to the wall at either end of the car now!" A guy from the roof yelled. When we failed to move they dropped something inside. I looked at it.

"Move!" Abraham yelled and I pulled Liam into my open hoodie. Covering his face as I ran to the wall. Everyone was coughing and freaking out. I held Liam close and over es my mouth. Daryl's arms wrapped around me to try to protect me. Only to be ripped away. I kept my mouth covered trying not to cough or scream. The smoke cleared and four people were gone. Bob, Rick, Glenn, and Daryl. I was hyperventilating and was about to cry. When we all turned around we heard gunfire and an explosion. Causing the ground to shake. Liam was crying and I only focused on that.

"Liam, hey. It's okay. Remember what I promised you? That I'll protect you. Nothing is going to happen to us. It's me and you against the world. Right?" I smiled at Liam and he hugged me sobbing. It was obvious he was afraid of dying. "We'll live. I promise buddy."

"Okay." A muffled okay came from Liam. I stood up and held him against my chest while he cried. As he did I bounced him trying to calm him down. I heard walkers all around us and I looked at Carl.