Chapter Nine- Fight or Flight

This chapter involves sensitive subjects. Be aware before continuing on. Please seek help if you are currently dealing with or have dealt with these issues. Stay safe everyone.

Issues involve : attempted rape and self-harm

"I'm worried that something happened. Michonne and Hershel went out to burn bodies early in the morning. They should be back." I looked at Daryl with sad eyes. He cupped my cheeks and shook his head. "Daryl you know it's been too long. You can't tell me otherwise."

"It has been longer than it should be-" The entire ground shook beneath us. I went running out into the courtyard spotting a man with a tank waiting. I looked at Daryl who was very obviously pissed off. I looked back to see Hershel and Michonne on their knees in front of a huge tank. I gasped and looked back up at Daryl. "C'mon. You need to get everyone into the bus."

"I- okay." I bit my bottom lip and rushed inside. I went as fast as I could. Rushing to the cell block. Everyone was in a panic looking around for someone. "Alright everyone listen up!"

"Y/n! What's going on?" A young girl, Mika, looked up at me with fear in her eyes.

"Everything will be fine, but listen up. Grab what you can carry and go get on the bus. Ten minutes is all I can allow. Children, watch each other's backs. Get on the bus as fast as you can. Help the adults. Hurry!"

"Y/n?" A young boy with dark curly hair and dark skin looked up at me. "Are we going to be okay?"

"Of course buddy. Where are you parents?" I bent down to his size and he shook his head.

"I don't know. I haven't seen them since home." He shrugged and I looked around. Shaking my head I picked him up and put him on my hip.

"You can help me, your name is Liam right?" I smiled and he nodded. "Alright, I'll take care of you."

"Where are we going?" Liam looked at me with confusion. I smiled and walked up the stairs rushing to Daryl and I's room. When I got there I set Liam on the bed.

"We are going somewhere else. Hold this open for me please." I handed him a backpack and he held it open while I filled it up with essentials. I took it from him and tossed it on my back before p it ting him back on my hip. "Where do you sleep buddy?"

"Mika's room. She lets me sleep under her bed." Liam smiled and I rushed down to their room. I grabbed his blanket from under the bed and handed it to him.

"How old are you?" I saw no one else and rushed outside as gunfire started to sound. Liam held up six fingers and I shook my head. "Well, Liam I need you to sit here and wait. Okay?"

"Okay!" Liam cheered and I set him on the drivers seat. I dropped the bag and ran out of the bus. Just in time I watched as the tank drove into the main fence. I swallowed and moved forward. I saw Maggie and Beth.

"Everyone I could find is loaded on the bus." I looked at them.

"Get anyone else on the bus. I've got to go find Glenn." Maggie shot off and I looked at Beth.

"Is Judith on the bus?" Beth looked at me. I ran into the bus and looked for her. "Y/n?"

"She's not on here! Go find her!" I yelled back. Within seconds I saw her run away. I waited and saw Glenn and Maggie running towards us. The tank rapidly fired into the building.

"Where's Beth?" Maggie was panicked.

"She went to go find Judith." I tried to calm her down while Glenn attempted to stand up.

"I'll go get them." Maggie yelled and was off before either of us could say another word. I helped Glenn into the bus.

"We have to help her." Glenn was obviously to sick to do anything.